Metric tool set

Datsunmike

This is good to know. I try to buy USA if possible

LIke my Cherookee . The brake rotors were 2 to choose from CHINA or CANADA from NAPA Which would you choose and was only 5 $ more.

Hey I say it on the Travel Channel With John Ratzenburger Made in America,They toured the Craftsman(or subcontractor)factory.

I know Husky was Made in USA(or claiming it) then they just stop selling it and now all say made in Taiwan.

Craftsman is still the best of the Low end of the higher quality tools(Matco,Snap On ect......)

Well Jeff likes them. And has used them quite often. I bought a exact same set and it my room keeping clean while I use my beatup tools(mostly Craftsman

Did this Happan Cause K-Mart bought out Sears????????Yes they Did!!!!Buy them I was surprised also. We wer laughing at K mart all these years and they are laughing at US

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a very good rep to hold up so they probably don't want to mess with that. They'll probably continue. The suit alleges Sears using patriotism to sell their products which is pretty low. A good tool sells itself anyways. Maybe they were totally U S made at one time?

Interesting, I thought Sears bought out K-mart. K-mart is still shit, every one of their stores you go to is full of welfare wards and tweakers! But yet their prices are that low....I personally like WalMart the best; where else can you get a 9/16" end wrench, foot creme and a bucket of chicken wings at 3am?

The biggest problem I have with Craftsmen (most of my electric tools are Craftsmen) is that the warranty for electric tools is shit! You have to buy the good warranty on the electric tools. When I was a kid, the lifetime warranty applied to all Craftsmen tools.

A lot of Snap-Ons are made in China now too.

It's all about profit. Who wants to pay $15.00/hr American workers when you can pay $3.00/day Chinese workers?

It also comes down to end consumers. Folks shop at Wal-Mart, and Wal-Mart forces it's suppliers to cut costs so they can "lower" their prices. Suppliers can't afford to make their product in the US, so they move production overseas to supply Wal-Mart. Jobs go away, and more folks have to shop at Wal-Mart because they can't afford anything else, and the better quality shops lose business and close forcing more folks to shop at Wal-Mart...

Only one who wins is Wal-Mart.

BTW, I've boycotted Wal-Mart for over 5 years now. Spit in the ocean, but I can't in good conciousness shop there.

Only one who wins is Wal-Mart.

BTW, I've boycotted Wal-Mart for over 5 years now. Spit in the ocean, but I can't in good conciousness shop there.

There is a great documentary about Wal-Mart - "Wal-Mart the High Cost of Low Price"

I boycotted Wal-Mart since 1976 when they ran my families business in to the ground in 9 months. I haven't and won't spend a single penny there - EVER!