Do they Make a Radio Bezzle Repair Panel

Ron1200

While in the dash I found that the dash has been cut out in the area of the radio. the hole has been cut to much and does not secure a DIN radio panel. Do they make a metal 'repair' panel? I could trim it and secure it in place with rivets. Other Ideas welcome.

Thanks

Ron

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I'm dealing with... The metal had been removed to mount a DIN deck at one time. Trouble is that they removed a little too much. So the deck mount (the cage the the deck slide into) does not have enough to hold on to. I could peice a mount together, but if some one makes a flat metal panel that I can trim to fit and rivet in to position, I'll try that.

IMG_7687.jpg

This is what I'm dealing with... The metal had been removed to mount a DIN deck at one time. Trouble is that they removed a little too much. So the deck mount (the cage the the deck slide into) does not have enough to hold on to. I could peice a mount together, but if some one makes a flat metal panel that I can trim to fit and rivet in to position, I'll try that.

IMG_7687.jpg

As Kamakazi said, there is a factory panel that you are missing that the radio goes into.

One end of the panel is mounted at the screwhole right below the wiper switch hole and the other end of it mounts with two screws also, slightly behind the black dash covering(these screws were originally installed before the dash pad).

Jesus Christ, get a room

smile.gif

Boy this thread went south... lol

I have the factory delete plate for the dash. I wanted to see if I could put a stereo in there. I realize that I could make a mount... just thought if one was already available I'd use that. Besides one stamped out of steel would be about perfect. And all I would need to do is trim the outside dimentions and rivet into place.

I may end up putting it the stereo in the console. Though that's not a simple solution either as the it's been cut up so will require some fabrication to correctly mount the deck.

Yes, he did have it in the console. I'm reviewing my options. If I put the deck in the dash I can mount cup holders and a 12v power port in the console.

I favor this arrangement as the cup holders will fit in the slim top spot. Didn'd really want the deck under the cup holders. In the lower spot I can put the 12v power plug ( I have a cubbie with 12v plug) that should fit fine.

So what do stereo installers do when they mess up and cut the dash hole to big? How do they fix it?

• 5 weeks later...