manual brakes

chilibiskits4

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Anything that makes getting stopped easier or lowers the effort and reduces driver fatigue is good to have. Power brakes weren't an option on the B-210, so the braking performance will be reduced.

To convert, just disconnect the vacuum line and plug the manifold. Instant increased effort.

You could have an adapter plate made to fit the booster mounting location that will hold your master.

Then possibly have to fab a new pushrod for your application now.

There are all sorts of booster-eliminators for different cars.

It's mainly a drag-racing kind of thing.

Search for some of those to give you an idea.

Would this really be a more effective approach than sourcing a booster?

For daily driver's sake, minimal effort seems to bring maximum pleasure.

You could have an adapter plate made to fit the booster mounting location that will hold your master.

Then possibly have to fab a new pushrod for your application now.

There are all sorts of booster-eliminators for different cars.

It's mainly a drag-racing kind of thing.

Search for some of those to give you an idea.

Would this really be a more effective approach than sourcing a booster?

For daily driver's sake, minimal effort seems to bring maximum pleasure.

thanks for the advice.... as im searching, the price range for boosters are anywhere from 200-300 bones.... not really looking to spend that much really on a part...thats like part prices for my other car...

i saw one one on ebay... a used brake booster from a 74 710... is that compatible with a 78 b210?...

i could see doing this if you wanted to make room for a dual sidedraft set up or something that you could use the space for. you may want to upgrade your brakes though

well some future plans are cams, valve springs, and a dual side draft.... so its all in the works... im actually just trying to get the car running efficiently first, then perhaps mod later... although most of the modding will be on my audi now that i picked this up to daily...... i actually bought this to make it easier to save up for my Stage III build this spring.

i like manual brakes better. i find power brakes too touchy for me. but i guess i'll just wait and get a new one because i have a feeling these brakes are gonna suck, so i will need that extra push. these things have like cd's for rotors. i am going to need a new master cylinder for this car and i have a feeling it leaked brake fluid into the booster. it seems to just lose fluid out of nowhere out of the front reservoir and the lid is tight. and there are no wet spots anywhere else. i have looked thoroughly for them. and the back brakes make no pressure and that makes the front not respond until its bottomed out from it having a proportioning valve. so i think i have my work and spending cut out for me

The 510, 610, 620, 710 and 200sx boosters all look similar to the B-210 but have different part numbers. Doesn't mean they won't fit, they may have different parts inside. The early 610/710 share a part number for the booster, while the later 710 and first gen 200sx share a same number booster. I'll bet they all swap.