What are you doing tonight?

HRH

I'm listening to Saxon "Denim and Leather" while dancing with Molly dog in the kitchen, making a broccoli cheddar pheasant stew! Yum!

And interestingly enough, I had THE RUDEST Canadians I've ever encountered at NAPA. Frumpy husband and wife team, very annoyed I didn't carry FRAM, asked why, and I showed them the PH8A I cut apart myself, and the inferior components. So after the obvious demonstration they said okay, give me a NAPA gold. And I get them a 1394 Toyota filter for her 85 Camry. No, that's too small, not even close. It's this FRAM number, if you carried FRAM you would know the dimensions, but you're just placing your product.

So I said, ma'am, Wix makes our filters, for NAPA, and the reason we don't carry FRAM is because they're an inferior filter. (She obviously didn't pay attention to my demonstration.) So she's adamant it's not the right filter, so I call O'Reillys and have them look up the FRAM number, same one she tells me. And I say, hey look, it interchanges to a 1394 NAPA gold. No, it's just not right, the air filter doesn't look right either.

Can you bring the car here so I can look at it to find out what you need? No, I can't do that. After some prying, it's in Canada. Oh well, no shit you can't bring it in. This whole time she's giving me this insane attitude, and today of all days, I'm being as nice as possible, absolutely refusing to tell her off in any way.

So in the end she says well, I guess we'll just have to go somewhere else if that's all you can do for me. (I did give her a nasty look after she turned around and walked out.) She also asked what the tax rate was because she could buy things much cheaper down here than in Canada, she said.

Now Mike, I think that's bullshit. A 1515 gold filter retails for 6.99 US down here, on sale during our twice a year mega filter sale for about 3.74 or something. I can't imagine oil filters are that much more expensive in Canada, are they? I almost wondered if these two were mystery shoppers trying to get a reaction, or FRAM investigational teams.

I suspect, however, that even Canada has assholes, and these two were certainly guilty of spewing shit and insolence everywhere they went. ;)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesen't canada have PST and GST on almost everything? It seems tax is very high in canada. Been quite some time since I have partaken across the border, so my memory is hazy on that front.

Matt, I live in the first line of defense from rude canadians pouring into Idaho..........I can't tell you how many run in's i have had with them. But the beauty part is most of them are the NICEST people you would ever want to meet! Made many amazing friends. I like holding hands across the border!!

rainbow-1.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Doesen't canada have PST and GST on almost everything? It seems tax is very high in canada. Been quite some time since I have partaken across the border, so my memory is hazy on that front.

Matt, I live in the first line of defense from rude canadians pouring into Idaho..........I can't tell you how many run in's i have had with them. But the beauty part is most of them are the NICEST people you would ever want to meet! Made many amazing friends. I like holding hands across the border!!

rainbow-1.jpg

Most provinces have both taxes, combined total in BC is 12%(one tax right now...long story.. :lol:

There are a fair amount of a-holes, but as you stated there are some decent ones,most Ive met on Datsun events/forums from both sides of the border are decent people :cool:

I worked a 15 hour day. Not many lulz to be had. Some asshole kids brought weed on a bus, had several fights, redlight runners and an elk decided it wanted to jump infront of a bus so I had to go deal with that. Now I am just surfin ratsun, lulzing, texting this girl who is sexier than a bag of tits and eating a sammy! Life is good!

Most provinces have both taxes, combined total in BC is 12%(one tax right now...long story.. :lol:

There are a fair amount of a-holes, but as you stated there are some decent ones,most Ive met on Datsun events/forums from both sides of the border are decent people :cool:

Agreed, Datsun folks are a rare breed and we all seem to have this killer common ground...we understand the struggle. The ONLY datsun people I have never had a connection with are the ones who bought their datto already built because they thought it was cute, cool, quirky etc......

I can see Canada from my house, and it is nothing but beauty, and an escape route once this country goes down the toilet!

• Like 1
Guest 510kamikazifreak

Agreed, Datsun folks are a rare breed and we all seem to have this killer common ground...we understand the struggle. The ONLY datsun people I have never had a connection with are the ones who bought their datto already built because they thought it was cute, cool, quirky etc......

I can see Canada from my house, and it is nothing but beauty, and an escape route once this country goes down the toilet!

That we do

I like to build em :lol:

Its a nice place(BC for sure BC= Bring Cash)

And also I guess our 6% tax rate looks pretty good at this point........

Anything under 12% looks good in my books...