Spotted these micro trucks today!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, not to sound like a dick, but old news here. These hit the road in these parts about 6 years ago. Most guys get them instead of side by side wheelers for hunting etc. Lots of them are lifted etc. Pretty cool, imported through canada from asia mostly.

No worries about being a dick. I have only seen one of these here in So Cal, and it couldn't be driven on the street. They just caught my eye, and thought I'd pass on a rare sighting here in SoCalandia.

Not legal for general road use in USA. Limited road use (e.g. under 35mph) allowed in some states.

It is not because of the size, not that a Smart car is smaller. It's because of DOT crash-safety regulation. Older Suzuki Kei trucks are allowed under the DOT 25-year import exemption.

I spotted these 3 micros while at work today in a hotel parking lot. All 3 were Suzuki, and the rear one was a crew-cab!

All were RHD, and note the writing on the rear window of the crew cab looking very Japanese..

I loved the crew-cab!

micros.jpg

That last one is a conversion of a Suzuki Every Van, the box in back is about 2.5' deep or so and 4' wide ... The engine is mid mounted rather than front mounted too.

Not legal for general road use in USA. Limited road use (e.g. under 35mph) allowed in some states.

It is not because of the size, not that a Smart car is smaller. It's because of DOT crash-safety regulation. Older Suzuki Kei trucks are allowed under the DOT 25-year import exemption.

depends on the state, here in OK you can drive them at highway speeds just aren't allowed onto inter-state highways.