just found Ratsun, I hail from Chicagoland....

ZMANChicago

owner of a couple of Datsuns, I have been the owner of my 1976 Datsun 280z 2+2 since 1986, a year out of highschool I begged my dad to let me buy it and promised him I'd never sell it. I've enjoyed this car everyday of ownership and it recieves most of my attention. I have been to events across the country and its as fun to drive as it is to look at. Very few of my friends have ever driven my Z....makes it a special event when they do...Its painted a one-off baby blue pearl with ghosted tribal style flames in it. The bodykit(MSA) front a rear detail is reinforced behind it for safety and the JCR hood was found in a junkyard for $20 restored to what you see today. The whale tail is a vintage part made by Dobi(originally made surfboards)...never have i seen this on any car, so it was saved. The body is clean and subtle to what a Z should be. Stock was kinda boring, so it got triple mikuni's, header, and free flowing exhaust to a dtm muffler, just gets better with age...After 20 plus years sitting on the original vinyl seats, last summer I installed a set of 2006 350z cloth seats donated by a Z guy that got creamed on the chicago streets....sad to see his car crumpled but happy I got his seats. future upgrades coming this winter are the updated suspension from ArizonaZ.com complete with Wilwoods, Works Wheels have been ordered and an engine upgrade will need to be done in the future after the suspension upgrades....

I also own a 1969 Datsun 2000 roadster, restored to a resto-mod sorta...It's painted and sittting in the garage patiently waiting. I will post details and pics later on, I've owned it for 7 years now and when its done it will be posted forsale...

my 280z...

midwestz007800x600_3.jpg

6024032665039ee93e24z.jpg

midwestz024800x600_3.jpg

my Roadster just out of the bodyshop...

200020roadster1.jpg

200020roadster2.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic