510 Wagon Air Suspension Ideas

Jewosh

So I've got my 68 Wagon right now with coils up front and in the rear the bottom leaf is flipped and there is a somewhat heavy sub box in the trunk. I want to be lower but still be able to daily drive it so on the fly adjust ability is really my only option. I was thinking all around air suspension with a tank and compressor but the only ones I can find for the rear are the ones intended for the trucks. Because the wagon has the leaf spring rear would these work and would the brackets potentially line up properly? For the front, I'm not sure what the best way to go is. Any advise or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I"ve been thinking about JEsusuno's ladder bar set up. If I could get something likethat built for the wagon air ride would be a cake walk. Where he put his coil buckets, the air bags would fit well.

Just need to get him my wagon to build it on it =)

H5: So how much of a difference in height do the shocks make? It's alright with me if they are sloppy when let out, because it's really only going to be for shows and parked when its low. Also, how tubed is the prop shaft tunnel? Does anyone have ideas for the front suspension too?

So I've got my 68 Wagon right now with coils up front and in the rear the bottom leaf is flipped and there is a somewhat heavy sub box in the trunk. I want to be lower but still be able to daily drive it so on the fly adjust ability is really my only option. I was thinking all around air suspension with a tank and compressor but the only ones I can find for the rear are the ones intended for the trucks. Because the wagon has the leaf spring rear would these work and would the brackets potentially line up properly? For the front, I'm not sure what the best way to go is. Any advise or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

If its leafs just install a triangulated 4 link and air bags. Nothing will just line up it will have to be fabbed but its not a big deal. Just measure.

Front I would see if s10 cups would work for the bags. Your height limiting will be your front tire diameter to inner fender. In the rear it will be your tire to inner fender and diff to trunk floor clearance.

Any more questions let me know I'm all about the low!

If its leafs just install a triangulated 4 link and air bags. Nothing will just line up it will have to be fabbed but its not a big deal. Just measure.

Front I would see if s10 cups would work for the bags. Your height limiting will be your front tire diameter to inner fender. In the rear it will be your tire to inner fender and diff to trunk floor clearance.

Any more questions let me know I'm all about the low!

Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know. I really only want it to be low for shows and stuff and then a good driveable height for on the road.

The tub action was done in the 90's I didn't do it.....the back seat was notched also.

I will take some pictures, tomorrow.

I have been distracted, motor blew in that car....been busy pulling it out.

Oh alright, and thanks a bunch! Sorry to hear about the motor, going to use this as a chance to throw something else in there?

Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know. I really only want it to be low for shows and stuff and then a good driveable height for on the road.

Well the joy of air is once clearanced to lay out you can drive at any height you want. But you'll want to do most of your driving at whatever height you get your alignment done at. I drive usually half to 1" off the ground and just raise it up if the roads get bad. I get about 10" of travel :)

There's no real bolt on system, you'll have to notch the frame, install a 4 link, you can pick up a universal 4 link for under $400, unless your worried about space issues then do a parallel 4 link with pan hard bar, and bags over or behind axle, you'll need to raise wheel wells, and driveshaft tunnel. I can't remember what the front looks like, might need air struts, takes time and a lot of cutting to be low lol, but its worth it, driving and inch off the ground and seeing everyone's face, priceless

There's no real bolt on system, you'll have to notch the frame, install a 4 link, you can pick up a universal 4 link for under $400, unless your worried about space issues then do a parallel 4 link with pan hard bar, and bags over or behind axle, you'll need to raise wheel wells, and driveshaft tunnel. I can't remember what the front looks like, might need air struts, takes time and a lot of cutting to be low lol, but its worth it, driving and inch off the ground and seeing everyone's face, priceless

Oh wow. Well thanks for the ideas! Guess I'll be saving up more than planned, haha. But I know doing it right the first time is the way to go... Thanks though!

• Like 1

Oh wow. Well thanks for the ideas! Guess I'll be saving up more than planned, haha. But I know doing it right the first time is the way to go... Thanks though!

I'd be more then happy to help you do it, if you don't mind driving 7 hours to my shop lol

A full set up usually about 5-6 days, but that also includes me getting parts powdercoated

Ya I've been bagging cars and trucks for 9 years now, and I've seen some sketchy set ups and have fixed a lot of other shops work.

Ok cool! And very nice. I know suspension is not something to cut corners on... I'm gonna PM you some other questions if you don't mind :D