620 upgrades

Radiant-Designer

damn me for being impatient... just bought the weber kit....

and alt

and thermostat

working on slider and new rubber all the way around.

speaking of the weber kit, I was reading a few places about the fuel pump may put too much into it, is this an issue? or was that for some... just wondering if I should invest in a regulator while I am at it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i got little 4" peek hot rod mirrors on there now, which look better than the HUGE ones that were original but cant see much, if anything with them.

I just got back from Cali late last night so today I will be getting all my packages from the post office. I ordered the Weber kit and am just hoping that its the right one, I ordered the electric choke one without even thinking about it.

And if ya wanna have a lil more fun when driving, pick up a sway bar!

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you can get one off a pre '77 620 and it will bolt right on...

I think so too. My '78 didn't have one but I got an earlier one and the holes are there and threaded too.

I actually just got one for my truck! Got it from a '75 620, it fits, the only thing that sucks is that the holes at the end of the bat itself are a lil off, and you need bolts about 2 Inches longer for the connecting rod (not sure of the correct word for them).

I have a stock 620 alternator, it is a 35A unit. There is also a 38A unit for A/C models. The 35A unit works fine, powers a stereo, etc.

The 60A unit comes from later Datsuns like 720, A10 (new 510) or B310 (210) -- from the early 1980s. It is not a direct bolt-on for the 35A unit, it is larger, requires bracket mods and a different fan belt.

weber kit is in, alreay more fun to drive, we will see how much fun I have at the pumps now ;)

Where would be a good place to pick up a sway bar?

Next I think I will look for a 5 speed trans too. Then disc brakes come spring. And a new stereo system somewhere in there too.

going to have to figure out why the heater doesnt work too, getting chilly up here.

also just got my parts in from autozone (took 2 weeks to get here, wtf) so I got the new alt from the 81 510, that will get put in soon.

weber kit is in, alreay more fun to drive, we will see how much fun I have at the pumps now ;)

Where would be a good place to pick up a sway bar?

Next I think I will look for a 5 speed trans too. Then disc brakes come spring. And a new stereo system somewhere in there too.

going to have to figure out why the heater doesnt work too, getting chilly up here.

also just got my parts in from autozone (took 2 weeks to get here, wtf) so I got the new alt from the 81 510, that will get put in soon.

Most 620s' before 77 that don't have front discs should have one, you could probably find one on here... You will need 3/8x8in bolts (grade 8) lock nuts, and custom spacers (but that's just a matter of find a piece of metal pipe that fits around the bolt and cutting it to length. New bushings would be advisable, 12.99 at autozone!

Edited by justin 620