Why is my front end so high?

2doorTurd

IMG_20110808_163900.jpg

IMG_20110808_163905.jpg

Seriously .... I can't figure out why it sits 10 feet up, and yes, the drive train is still in it.

I already ordered the 2" clamps so I can cut my lower spring perches to lower the front, but it still boggles my mind.... its just wrong!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way springs get taller. My 710 sedan is the same... I think the back leaf springs have sagged. Hydraulic jack the back up level an I bet it looks better. Sagged rear springs are from one too many fatties in the car.

The reason they make gas shocks & struts is because they generally work better, with less foaming as the liquid is under small pressure.

The problem is:

* they don't use factory bounce & rebound control. Gabriel, Monroe, etc. uses a one-size-fits all approach. Where Nissan had 10 part numbers for two model series depending on weight, etc, the aftermarket has one shock for light or heavy models

* then they stiffen up the valving, because most cars (e.g. american wallowing cars) were overly soft in the first place. But (most) Datsuns were not like that and had carefully selected shocks. Where a Pinto was improved with stiffer shock control, and Datsun is not.

Now if you are using heavy street/race springs, the gas struts might help control your ride. But for a stock Datsun, pay the extra for the real thing -- oil filled shocks & struts. Nissan still sells them for many 1970s models. Koni used to give you a choice. So did KYB but they dropped the oil shocks in the last few years.

You have absolutely no idea of how the capitalist system works!

:lol: true. Short term. But to make money selling something, it has to be worth the money. It it can be made better or cheaper or both, another capitalist will find a way and run you out of business.