610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

probibly wont stay 2 tone when i get the final paint done if it does im replacing the red with blue

...cough...cough...B17 Daytona Blue...cough...cough...

• 4 weeks later...

zerow was in my neck of the woods today on a parts run he dropped off a few things for michelle

early 74 "transition" bumper basically a 73 bumper mounted on shocks now michelle will have a front bumper

DSCN0510.jpg

some of zerow's patented air cleaners now my su setup is 99.9% complete

DSCN0512.jpg

its not a 73 bumper its a 74 "transitional" bumper basically its a 73 bumper with a few extra holes drilled in it that was originally mounted on shocks i drilled holes in it so it would sit on the 73 mounts its not perfect but it looks good and will work till i get my 73 bumper straightened and re chromed

Bonvo - you are more than welcome. I'm glad I was able to get my hands on this one.

Skunk - as long as you don't mind a transitional bumper, I will keep an eye out for one. Most people find them undesirable.

Micro - +1 considering that Bonvo has been rolling around with that front end nekkid for a while now...

then why you no answer my PM about one of these? :P

+1 on the "as long as you don't mind a transitional bumper, I will keep an eye out for one. Most people find them undesirable" ;)

• 1 month later...

no real update since the move is right around the corner but indy510 cam to vacaville for a little photoshoot fun before i left cali and i finally have rolling shots of my car the girl you see is my girlfriend you might also see debra in the back seat

rolling1.jpg

rolling2.jpg

rolling3.jpg

rolling4.jpg

rolling5.jpg

rolling6.jpg

rolling7.jpg

rolling8.jpg

rolling9.jpg

datsunfreak if you want to run the transitional bumper you will either need the mounts that go with it and a 74 front valance or 73 brakets and front valance and drill some holes (this is what i did) i was just going to compress the shocks and run the mounts that came with it but they dont work with the 73 valance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well as you all know i made it to la pine the funny thing is we put it on a trailor to avoid poping tires and one of the trailor tires poped today i rolled underneath it at my uncles shop to grease the u joints one of them is making alot of noise i think its one on the driveshaft since the halfshaft ujoints were recently done

yeah im hoping ill find work soon so i can really bust ass on her this winter i may have somthing different to use as a daily this winter so the datto no longer has to be a rolling project and it can get some much needed attention she needs a throw out bearing u joints and some rear shocks once im working i can actually buy these parts

• 2 weeks later...

well greasing the u joints didnt work they just kept getting worse and since i have no cash i was trying to figure out what i was going to do well i remembered i had an extra set of half shafts after the build i dug them out and sure enough they had good u joints spent an hour under the car changing them while dodging misquitos and now i have no more clunking pparts hoarding pays off fellew ratsuners it really does