610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's winter... so mostly wet and cool to cold. I'm just collecting parts. Have dual SUs on a manifold, (plus two SU from a 2 liter Volvo I've been saving) clutch and brake pedal, 60 amp 200sx IR alt., a pair of Maxima struts with honkin' calipers and vented rotors and two pair of coil overs. (leaf in the back) Also have the rear 200sx disc brake caliper mounts. The 710 and the 200sx both used the H-165 so here's hoping I can just bolt on the calipers when they arrive.

Don't plan on starting something I can't finish before Canby.

There's a guy south of me with a wrecking yard with two 710s. I got the pedals there and some other small parts. I found out he plans to scrap them this summer so they are worth ... scrap. All I have to do is convince him to let me have anything I want for $50-$75 and he still keeps the rest. Hell it wouldn't hardly change the amount he get's for them. Ah, we'll see.

Should be looking for a 5 bolt flywheel.

Wow, that's something to think about. The old '80 200sx near me has coils and four link. I should have measured the width. Has panhard and sway bar somewhat like the Pathfinder just smaller. Maybe later. I want to enjoy this car and have no plans to go as crazy as I did with the 620. Low key.

holy crap i actually ave a real update :D

a friend of mine who is into vws told me he had some wheels to match the ones on the back i said great how much he said free there yours :P total score

DSCN0118.jpg

even came with an extra so i can have a matching spare tire

a little mock up on the car

DSCN0119.jpg

perfect fitment

DSCN0120.jpg

cleaned them up with some soap water wd-40 and some steel wool

DSCN0121.jpg

gonna polish them later to match the backs

edit: did a little bit of poishing these arent gonna be as nice as theback because they have machine marks in them but they will still look nice with a few more days worth of work

a little before and after action

DSCN0122.jpg

I'm anxious to see the front wheels with tires on the car. There has been a set of those wheels on my local craigslist forever. I've gone back and forth a million times over whether or not to buy them.

ive found the slot mags to be a love or hate thing people eather love them or hate them i grew up seeing them on my dad mustang so im parcial to them there the wheels i always wanted for the datto and now i finally have some they give it a period correct feel that just cant be matched in my opinion

Yea yea yea.... now you just gotta get tires on em and mount em

lmao i gotta finish cleaning and polishing them first

then get the tires taken off my current fronts and put on these know anyone with a tire macine that will do it for free hyphy?

looks like i may be bustin these tires on and off on the floor with some prybars every where i call its $25 a tire just to swap them then balance les shwab wants $20 a tire but i dont like shwab they always fuck up this is lame

ive found the slot mags to be a love or hate thing people eather love them or hate them i grew up seeing them on my dad mustang so im parcial to them there the wheels i always wanted for the datto and now i finally have some they give it a period correct feel that just cant be matched in my opinion

I couldn't take it. I went and picked mine up last night. They look almost exactly like yours, machine marks and all. I cleaned one up by hand to see if it was going to be worth the trouble of polishing them out.

they had the machine groves sanded out im to lazy to do that when i have ones on my dads car that have no grooves these ones will go on the car till i eather sand them out or take the ones off my dads mustang whichever comes first (one or the other will happen when i buy new tires)

Bonvo, it really looks like you're about ready for a photo shoot. If you have time on any weekend, head on down to Oakland, I know a few spots that'd be perfect to nab some shots, and I've been looking for some excuses to play with my new camera. Plus, beer. Isn't that a good enough reason to head down?

hey that sounds like a good plan ill actually be heading threw that area sometime after valentines day im currently in montery seeing my girlfriend but when i head home i plan on driving threw redwood city as well as oakland you have my number shoot me a text next weekend and we can go from there

Don't forget to clean / polish the bead where the tire will seal. Nothing worse than having to break them down because of a slow leaking lip!

Oh - and install new valve stems too.

Looking good!