610 street demon resurection

bonvo

filled my truck with parts .I am so happy to get those enkei old school mesh wheels. Yes got the fenders Iam told very hard to find 73 610 fenders but they have holes at the bottoms that can be fixed . William I did not get your message email untill I got home the trim was shit one side was missing anyway and crusty . sorry for the outburst :mad: the only thing I needed form your wire is the green plug relay side and the white plug in the boulk head both sides and thats it I was more focused on the big stuff and I had to go so I only got the behind the dash wire :confused: I cant go back but the car was picked clean .motor ,trans pulled to day I would have like to have that L18 TOO

Mike, no problem. I have come to realize that I need to make more time, for many things in life. I am blessed to have the job(s) that I've got, but it is taking a toll on me, mentally and physically. I still have the parts, should you need them. I will be still picking the coupe clean of anything/everything usable and holding the parts for those out there who need them. I am pleased that you got the parts that you needed, another Datsun saved. Jaimesix can attest that we have killed our fair share of 610s at a yard (he got the entire front end, and I cut her ass off with tin snips to get the back end, I have bad cell phone pics somewhere).

No hard feelings, and keep in touch with the build - I have time in the evenings like this before I go to bed to read and reply, then get ready and start this wheel turning once again, tomorrow...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The yard is not a brand name pick your part .its called pick in pull in ventera santa pula . way out of the way in the orange trees not the big city .the parts at this yard are a little more money then pick yout part but cars are complete .I got my eye on some SER seats I will try to go back soon .so you little devils dont take my seats

Let me check to see if I have the strut rod base I picked up some parts last summer from a guy up in paso robles and some doors for William I will let you know I got a box of small parts and did not check everything in side

No worries on the seats - I've got Infiniti G20t seats! Now the wiring for them, not so much...:eek:

thanks man no its not going flat black that was a camera phone pic the color is actually more of a gun metal and im doing a 2 tone thing with the gunmetal on the bottom and the red on the top

you painting it flat black?? your car kinda reminds me of this

nissanLaurel1976021.jpg

put some flairs fender mirrors and some wide jdm wheels and it would look pretty sick

Good job its coming along nicely

I saw this car in person at JCCS '07 - still got wood from that first time...

got some stuff done today swapped the fuel tanks and run some 5/16ths fuel line replacing the stock stuff i also cleaned out the trunk and bed lined it

lines all bent

DSC04257.jpg

pulled the back seats out of shelly to get to the tank mounts there still salvageable :D

DSC04256.jpg

cleaned and bedlined

DSC04255.jpg

tank in

DSC04258.jpg

Now you need to paint the gas tank to match!

I see the cat in the second pic - that can stay with Shelly...

what are you talking about that shit is getting recycled :D get some money out of it :P

the tank isnt going to be painted im putting the devider back in im having one made of sheet metal instead of the cardboard stuff and it will be where my amp is mounted

what are you talking about that shit is getting recycled :D get some money out of it :P

the tank isnt going to be painted im putting the devider back in im having one made of sheet metal instead of the cardboard stuff and it will be where my amp is mounted

Use plywood instead. The plywood is a better isolator between your gas tank (which stores flammable GAS!) and an amplifier which uses electricity (read: it makes sparks!) and has a tendancy to get a little hot (metal transmits heat more readily...) I'm using 1/2 inch plywood with some sort of upholstery (carpet likely), just to keep it looking clean.

Use plywood instead. The plywood is a better isolator between your gas tank (which stores flammable GAS!) and an amplifier which uses electricity (read: it makes sparks!) and has a tendancy to get a little hot (metal transmits heat more readily...) I'm using 1/2 inch plywood with some sort of upholstery (carpet likely), just to keep it looking clean.

didnt think about that hmmm good idea im thinking it will be plywood then

Plywood is a sound deadener too. Bonvo, have you thought of covering everything behind the seat with sound deadener? Not that overpriced crap, but the roll on roofing? It's about 1/4 to 3/8" thick dry flexible tar (not sticky at all, dry like rubber) with plastic film on one side. Cuts easily with tin snips and can be softened with a propane torch and molded into any floor shape. Two pieces can be heated and 'welded' together. Up here it's called 'torch on' and can be got in the roofing materials stores or construction sites that throw ends out.

Plywood is a sound deadener too. Bonvo, have you thought of covering everything behind the seat with sound deadener? Not that overpriced crap, but the roll on roofing? It's about 1/4 to 3/8" thick dry flexible tar (not sticky at all, dry like rubber) with plastic film on one side. Cuts easily with tin snips and can be softened with a propane torch and molded into any floor shape. Two pieces can be heated and 'welded' together. Up here it's called 'torch on' and can be got in the roofing materials stores or construction sites that throw ends out.

thats a good sugestion mike ill have to look into that im going to be running a sound system back there so i was thinking of running dynomat but that is expencive

i found that pic online a while ago someone created it entirly on photoshop it is a work of art thats for damn sure i personally think the rims are to big maybe if it had a set of 15s id like it more

today thanks to drummingpariah i have some wheels for a hell of a deal :D ther 14x5.5 american racing wheels acording to the stamps on the back this is how i got them lots of dirt and oxidation

IMAG0158.jpg

ofter a couple hours hot soapy water a brass wire brush some wire wheel action and a little paint

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

they need to be polished still but that can come later i got tired after 4 hours of working on one rim

Guest jaimesix

Nice wheels Bonvo.

Consider the 185/55/14 tires ( onlinetires.com got them ) for your wheels. Those are low profile, and not too wide. Since our wheels are 5.5, you do not want to use tires that would balloon and look tall.

Check them out.

Progress by the day, hard to keep up!:)

Jaime._________________________________________________________

Nice wheels Bonvo.

Consider the 185/55/14 tires ( onlinetires.com got them ) for your wheels. Those are low profile, and not too wide. Since our wheels are 5.5, you do not want to use tires that would balloon and look tall.

Check them out.

Progress by the day, hard to keep up!:)

Jaime._________________________________________________________

right now im just gonna use the tires off shelly there damn near brand new when i need new ones ill look into that size

yeah there is progress every day i try and get at least somthing done every day tomorrow im gonna try and get the rear brakes done and maybe another rim