Should I do the trade?

I got quality OIC's for everyone and figured I'd ask some opinions, pretty much this is a straight up trade for the Z car for my bug.

carrs.jpg

carrr.jpg

carrrrrr.jpg

80219370.jpg

They both have rust, the bug needs a floor pan but runs and drives and the Z does not start, but its fixable. The Z is a 78 but no smog laws out here.

So what do you guys think?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2+2 = :sick:

and that cars pretty thrashed :no:

now of all the people on this forum to be telling you not to get a Z

one wouldnt think it would be coming from me.

but unless your bug is only worth like $300 dont do it.

a thrashed non running 280z 2+2 isnt worth shit.

its a parts car, good for scavenging the L28, possible 5 speed, and rear end out of.

even a nice one isnt worth much because its a 2+2

Atleast give the guy a little lube, yes yes trade, I have a fealing like you traded all ready and now your testing us. <_<

Nah, havent yet as there are a few 2 seater Z's for below 1000 around me. I like the 2+2 more myself and a back seat is kinda nice, thing is I feel the VW is worth more then the Z as I rebuilt the engine less then a year ago with rocker rollers, shaved heads to raise compression, ported and polished them myself, and the fact its a 63.

I just don't wana fuck with selling the Vdub, and then buying a Z as this one has a valid title and shit.

the back seats in 2+2 Z cars are worthless.

there big enough for a small child and thats about it.

Yeah, I know this but lol people complain I don't have one in the roadster or miata. :lol:

I'm gonna see if the guy will drop it off at my house and then maybe consider it a deal.

Yeah, I know this but lol people complain I don't have one in the roadster or miata. :lol:

I'm gonna see if the guy will drop it off at my house and then maybe consider it a deal.

unless those people are small children or crack whores they are still going to complain.

I have owned a 2+2 Z.

trust me, they are worthless.

unless those people are small children or crack whores they are still going to complain.

I have owned a 2+2 Z.

trust me, they are worthless.

the seats lower insurance, and its a great place for speakers, but if the bug is that far along and a early one I wouldnt trade, sell and buy or just sell the dub and keep looking

the back seats in 2+2 Z cars are worthless.

there big enough for a small child and thats about it.

Having 4 boys two of which are teen-angers now, i think once they out grow the back seat they are about ready to be traded in for newer models anyway. Or a cat or box of cheap wine even.

normal_IMG023.JPG

There is a huge VW wrecking yard here, I can buy VW bodies for 500 bucks all day long from them. Heater channels and both floor pans completely rotted out, and PO did a very improper cut for the baja kit.

I'm keeping all my fancy shit for it, like trigger wheel pulley, dellorto carb, and so forth to sell to someone else and have cash handy.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd keep the bug. That Z looks like a handful. And yes, 2+2 is about as good as the jump seats in the back of the hardbody. Ok for kids, that's about it. I never plan on using them, the back is just storage area. Case in point, check the wrecking yard for extracab 720s, see how many absolutely trashed trucks still have perfect jump seats. ;)

I know I'll probably be flamed for it, but I'll go against the grain and say rock the 2+2. (assuming you know what needs to fixed/replaced to get it running)

People are bashing and hating on 2+2, but that's ok.

To be honest, I end up getting compliments since I am one of VERY few 2+2 out there (makes me rarer of the already rare Z).

I'm willing to admit in stock form, the 2+2 looks like ass but a little effort here and there greatly improves the looks.

I know I'll probably be flamed for it, but I'll go against the grain and say rock the 2+2. (assuming you know what needs to fixed/replaced to get it running)

People are bashing and hating on 2+2, but that's ok.

To be honest, I end up getting compliments since I am one of VERY few 2+2 out there (makes me rarer of the already rare Z).

I'm willing to admit in stock form, the 2+2 looks like ass but a little effort here and there greatly improves the looks.

I'm mostly taking the comments about mechanical and body work as the serious ones. :lol: I do like the 2+2, its like a dog thats so ugly you can't help but give it a hug.

Don't listen to the 2+2 haters... they are all brainwashed 2 seater Z'heads... and I say that with the best intentions.

Yes the rear seats are worthless and yes only a double amputee monkey can fit in them but how rare does one find 2+2s? There was only one at JCCS and I know the guy. Go for the "rare" value of a 2+2 especially since you have a sun roof. I love the look on people's faces when they realize there is a back seat.

And lose the huge ass on that girl, the bumpers have to go.

just my humble opinion. let the 2+2 hate continue...