Found this '65 NL320

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, it's very rusty, it seems to be an early 65, as it has the 64 grill, and is a column shift transmission, it's missing the rear bumper:(, thats a tough one to replace, but it has the rear bezels and lenses that burrito is needing so badly, and it has the hubcaps I like. I also see it has the cab corners I am needing, as mine are rusty. It also has some things that steriod could use. To bad it's in a differant country.

crap, now that I see pics of it my mind started racing on what I'd do to that truck

I think it's to far gone Z chopper, when you can open the door and see the ground, well that's not good. I suppose that could be fixed, but both rear fender wells are gone(rust), both of the front fender tops are gone(rust), the rear bumper seems to be missing, the rear tailgate is, a little rough. It would make a great parts truck for a NL project though.

I love it. The rarer the rattier the better. I wonder if the engine turns. Great truck to drive around the farm. Great yard art/planter box. Mine was similar, if it had an engine I would have made it run and drove it just like it was.

re100_2293.jpg

Damn I guess I was missing a windshield.

I'd offer half the asking price.

I'm the first person on this site that would urge someone to fix the rust and save a car, but that one is too far gone. Not worth the $700, that's for sure. There are usable parts on it, but the body isn't one of them. The tail lights alone could be worth a couple hundred though. If the windshield is good, that's probably another couple hundred.

700 is a bit steep. I thought of a much lower offer and just trying to get it going. It would be pretty fun to drive even with the rust. provided its still safe, considering the rocker on the drivers side is missing, but I don't enough time for the projects I already have. Oh and I could turn the fan by hand. All the glass looked good. The windshield two little rock chips

just chimming in...

yeah, i have played with the body on my truck and i have to admit, there is a ton of metal missing from that truck. i like the color. i wish that truck could tell stories because it looks like it has one.

it also looks like the windows are still intact so, minus the taillight housing assembly, that is another big ticket item.

im sure someone can buy for $400-$500 and sell the parts and make there money back. *if anyone does that, please keep me in mind for the taillight assembly set :lol:

it is save-able, not sure if its salvagable

you should see some of the project cars they have in malaysia and eastern europe, sure its rough but this thing would be considered savable without a second thought

I consider this truck savable, but when I get offered 2 trucks for free it does not make it likely that I'll pay for 1

I forgot this one. its the rocker under the driverside.

424.jpg

What rocker? :blink: I agree, if you throw enough time and money at it, just about anything can be fixed.

If someone buys it to part out, I would be interested in the two parts pictured below.

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

See the dented part below the taillight bezel, I would be interested in that also.

DSCN0348.jpg

I would also be interested in the trim piece on the top of the tailgate, maybe the whole tailgate.

Ill buy any datsun wreck, ask Sealik, but This truck is not savable... I looked at it twice last winter and passed on it. Put a screwdriver right through thr frame rail under the door. Thought about getting it for parts for my l320 ... Was more interested in a bc title for a 65.

yup thats the killer right there rotted out frame.

It will fit on a stock L320 frame, just needs a couple perches welded on for the NL box, cab mounts are the same. Can't have an easy fix killing this, Tana has three frames she will sell.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will fit on a stock L320 frame, just needs a couple perches welded on for the NL box, cab mounts are the same. Can't have an easy fix killing this, Tana has three frames she will sell.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

darn you wayno :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wait shipping on a frame would be prohibitive

I am trying to find reasons not to whimper if someone cuts that NL320 up

i wasnt necessarily saying that it was a practical rebuild, just that ive seen cars much further gone being rebuilt on sites like JNC in other countries.

I have rebuilt trucks and cars from much worse too, but I did have access to a fully stocked all in one shop, and help of people much more experienced than I.