1976 datsun 610 pickup

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a guy advertising his 620 truck as a 610 on portland.craigslist. I forget the color. What was funny was that in the ad he said "I know what I have in it", but he obviously didnt know what he had...

Looks like a 620 pickup:

photo-9712.jpg

ya i figured it out that it is i picked it up for 400 bones, and the guy is giving 5 engines 2 auto trans 1 4spd a whole bunch of carbs a valve cover like 16 extra pistons and extra starter lol so ya i got hooked up but i gotta replace the rear engine main seal but im tryin to figure the easiest way to do it lol but it has a rebuilt L16 so ya good deal haha

Easiest way is to remove the engine. drain the water & oil is the hardest part for me.

Rebuilt engine? And the seal is already bad. He probably didn't do a rebuild just replaced the rings and some gaskets. The rear seal comes in a rebuild kit...

idk lol its been sittin for 7 years he said that if he drove it to town and back he went through a quart of oil so ya but everybody is tellin me to just take the tranny out and remove the oil pan and get it that way instead of pullin the motor so i dont know ha but either way its gonna be done i wanna drive the dam thing soon

,the way that evrebody is telling you is gunna be a tight work space and your gunna be under a truck (danger will robinson)but if you do have a cherry picker and a motor stand, that would be the best way to go, im sure ur getting antsy :frantics: but if you want to drive more than a mile i would take all steps to make it a reliable driver,

and im assuming that "evreyone" is not on this forum!