new guy with a 620

2eDeYe' date='14 May 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1273873828' post='303222']

Who does this? I wouldn't mind getting soem red :)

Heck yeah - I'm thinking that OEM avacado would be very cool on mine.

Westco auto body supply can mix em. That's where I got my paint for the mercury.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

sorry forgot to post the pics. well i have been having a BIG issue with this thing running at night so i swapped in a new alt (stock replacement), and went to change out my cheesy pos batt cable. well snapped the lug off the starter, so i swapped the starter out as well... now the battery is dead... gotta jump it with the caprice which i broke today hence why i am working on this bucket of shit in the rain. what fun...... hopefully though my alt was just shot.

oh you dont even know.... so yesterday i took it into work. on my FIRST run, charge light came on. had it tested, alts putting out 12.5v.... great, so not only did the alt fry, or the regulator, or both, the starter out of my 78 is shot too. takes forever to get it to actually urn over. can i burn it now????

YES!!!!! it runs! still have to do the saturn swap but i found an 81 ZX turbo with a good alt. so i swapped that in for now. so that is in and seems to do ok with the exception of when i hit the turns the chg light comes on about 1\2 brightness. and flashes with the signals. lights dim a LITTLE but no where near as bad as before. barely noticeable. and its not cutting out my ignition. hopefully it was just a matter of a loose clamp leaking coolant onto the alt. once dry, hopefully it will work better.

spent the last hour or so building a relay harness for my truck. its not pretty as i made some of the wires too long but it works. 13.7v at teh HL at IDLE!!!! also installed my H4s again. now it WILL be daylight as i drive. oh and so far 3 days no issues at all. and the system is my usual redundancy system. if i loose a relay i can go back to stock wiring just by swapping the plugs. i used the OE plug as the switch so i got backup.

• 7 months later...

well i lost the brakes in december. i was able to get most of the parts but i am still in need of a few. the brake lines are trashed, want to go braded BUT i also want to swap to disk eventually so i will most likely go with rubber for now. we'll see what happens. i also need to come up with new studs as i trashed mine while pulling my drums. a sledge works wonders for that.

i replaced the RF wheel cylinder, which by the way is a weird setup, when i found a trashed brke line. kinda sucks when your broke.

• 4 weeks later...

well i got it up in the air after finding the drivers REAR brake was locked up. everything seemed ok so i took it apart and lubed it. the a shoe came apart on me. what fun. now time to redo the REAR brakes so i can drive the damn thing. if its not one thing its half a dozen others.