Introduction of my 74 Datsun 620

cashi123

Om NOM NOM NOM!

That is one NICE truck! Kudo's on all the work you did, I agree - it paid off!

I am getting more and more into trucks. I've always been a 510 guy, have had mine since I was 16 and I'll be 25 this year. I used to have a 620 but I parted it out - blue like yours, only trashed and neglected.

Now after all these years, I gave my buddy the last remaining part I had from that truck, the grille emblem. And now of course, I want a 620!

I like the wheels.. everybody in my family seems to have a liking for them as well... Samurai, the F150. My brother's Jeep Cherokee... now that I know they look decent on a 620, I don't feel bad thinking about it!

+1 for one nice ass truck. :) Good job!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Om NOM NOM NOM!

That is one NICE truck! Kudo's on all the work you did, I agree - it paid off!

I am getting more and more into trucks. I've always been a 510 guy, have had mine since I was 16 and I'll be 25 this year. I used to have a 620 but I parted it out - blue like yours, only trashed and neglected.

Now after all these years, I gave my buddy the last remaining part I had from that truck, the grille emblem. And now of course, I want a 620!

I like the wheels.. everybody in my family seems to have a liking for them as well... Samurai, the F150. My brother's Jeep Cherokee... now that I know they look decent on a 620, I don't feel bad thinking about it!

+1 for one nice ass truck. :) Good job!

I agree with you all the hard work has paid off ,I really enjoyed working on this Datsun 620 is been a great truck I’m almost done restoring this truck to all new , I just have to clean some rust underneath the truck and I am done with this project , thanks a lot for that 1+

looks like you put a lot of attention to the engine bay, It looks super clean. I really like the Rims. Great looking Dat.

affirmative not only to the engine I'm trying to restore the whole truck make it look like new , and I appreceiate the comment :D

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice :thumbup: Awesome example of what an already cool truck can evolve into with a lot of hard work & elbow grease. & of course some bad-ass rims & tires :D I am a huge fan of 620's dumped to the bumpstops with stockers or similar skinny rims & tires to fit in the wheel well, but the stance of your truck with the fat R&T's sticking out is mean looking :sneaky: Ive had the dumped skinny tire look but my next 620 is gunna have the fatties & that similar stance :thumbup: Great work dude.

• 2 weeks later...

What kine of rims are those in the pics I have a 73 620 and I wanted some wider rims I have stock looking steel kind

I used American Eagle 15x8 on the front and 15x10 on the rear with kuhmo tires205-50-15 front and 215-50-15 on the rear, on the rear tires the hade to strech them a little bit to make it fit, and also gives that jdm look that I love :D

Did you paint the engine bay too? Thats TOO clean for a good scrubbing.. I WISH we were that lucky up here in Canada to have a truck that age with no deterioration!

Very impressed with the look.

well at 1st I pressure washed the entire engine and scrub all the dirt and oil and then I painted the same color as the outside , soon I will post some pics of the process that it took from the 1st day I got the trunk ,it took a lot of work and time to make it look like it is right now but I'm almost done with this project

Very nice :thumbup: Awesome example of what an already cool truck can evolve into with a lot of hard work & elbow grease. & of course some bad-ass rims & tires :D I am a huge fan of 620's dumped to the bumpstops with stockers or similar skinny rims & tires to fit in the wheel well, but the stance of your truck with the fat R&T's sticking out is mean looking :sneaky: Ive had the dumped skinny tire look but my next 620 is gunna have the fatties & that similar stance :thumbup: Great work dude.

thanks a lot bro that means a lot to me , soon I will post some pics for you guys of how everything started from day 1 and the progress that has been done to it :D

• 2 weeks later...

KIck ass! So sweet to see your truck coming back to life with that clean look. Keep up that hard work man its payin' off! whats up next?

Dude you got to c what I ad to it , is a one of a kind piece that makes this truck a complete true JDM straight up from Japan, also I lower the truck 3" inch and also I install a stage 3 centerforce clutch kit , but soon I will download more pics so you guys can c the steeps that it took to get this truck where it is right now :D