Cheap cat

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know local laws suck. It seems like a conspiracy, you can't buy used smog equipment from a junk yard. I only need it for 1 trip to the smog station. Once I run a couple tanks of C-16 through it, it will be useless, so I can't borrow 1, everyone knows what my car runs, and they don't want a plugged up cat back.

What the heck IS this thing? Even without a cat it should be able to pass a sniffer... won't pass visual, of course. if it's a "Gross Polluter" a cat won't help (enough), and running C-16 racing fuel won't pass smog anyway (plus it's illegal to run on the street, though you apparently don't care). Tried Q16? In any case you'd probably have to de-tune to smog it in any case.

I am welding 2 stock cats from a vette together, replacing like 30 inches of my pipes with those 2 cats and a pre cat. Hopefully that will get me to where I need to be. My car blew off the scale on hydro carbons. I can't detune my car anymore. I have the injectors as low as I can get them, I get huge knock counts the second she hit boost, limped to the station and not only HC's were way off but then NOX was way up there too. The big turbo's and the amount of fuel requirred to use those turbo's is just to much to pass a sniffer. I should never have went to bigger turbo's. After this smog test I am going to go back to the smaller turbo's.

try kreagan i bought a universal 2" one for $100 to make my 610 pass also try setting the carb to factory specs set the dwell to 55 degrees then set the timing to 12 degrees then adjust the carb till the co is at 2% at 750 rpm for manual and auto is 2% at 650 rpm if your running an l20b

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.