The next episode.

izzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably 4" lower than stock. I nearly got in two head on collisions before adding the spacers. The wheel would jerk right out of my hand when I would hit an uneven bump. I do have a pretty small steering wheel and I think I'm lower than laecaon too so the effect on my car was probably more drastic.

Lol wagon wouldn't start this morning. I dont have a choke cable hooked up. I closed it with my hand and it started but soon as I let go it died. Didn't have time to mss with it. Will install my cable tonight and try again tomorrow

You rock Adam! All parts acquired! All I need to do is track down some rectangular steel tubing for the cross member to drop it an inch.

You can get the truck when ever you want its ready. Just need to pull the header and exhaust.

IMG953667_zps9cccc5ad.jpg

This will fuck your night up!!!!

IMAG0182_zpse02b19ca.jpg
IMAG0181_zpsbb7dbd6e.jpg
IMAG0180_zpse8a67417.jpg

Passenger side is TOAST...

Driver side was fine. Lots of meat left on shoes, drum is fine. I'm guessing the passenger side was always adjusted wrong, or driver side cylinder is dead.  ordering new cylinders asap and replacing them both.  I had to run with what I have for the time being.  Hoping to get a set of new drums soon. Anyone know if the 240z drums are the same??

All back together for the time being. So different not having to pump the brakes anymore.  Touch the pedal and the brakes are right at the top.  Took it for a spin and hit them hard, it pulled to the right a little bit.  Assuming the latter of the two scenarios up top

Yes 240z are the same. That is why everyone and their mother uses the 240Z finned drums.

i pretty sure the 240 drums are the same and are finned for better cooling 

Thanks guys. I remember reading that somewhere but wanted to double check, DTP has a couple and I wanted to verify before having him get them out of storage and what not...

Have noticed the motor leaking a little bit of oil.  Not tons, but enough to creep back from the front of the motor somewhere.  Today I sprayed napa degreaser on it, and am just going to drive it a little and see if I can pin point where it's coming from.

I've also noticed that the crank vent has had a little smoke coming out, as well as the valve cover.  Sent micro a text and he asked if the oil was thin.  Got me to thinking I might not have really paid attention when grabbing a jug of oil and got 5-30 instead of something more normal.  Will change the oil, but not yet.  It's going to need to last a little while longer until I can get the brakes on the B done. Then when I do the 5 speed swap on the wagon, I'll just replace the oil pan gasket to be sure it's not that, then use 10-40 or something more heavy. 

Installing my stereo tomorrow. That 1997 pioneer deck is driving me bat shit.  Skips, stops, FM doesn't work.........

Oil done be leaking out ma effing motorz.... No beuno

It has to be the oil pan gasket.  I cleaned the block surface off with a razor scraper, then brake cleaner on a blue shop towel, multiple times. Then did the oil pan the same, till there was no longer any previous gasket.  Felt it with my finger.  Ran a 1/8th inch bead of grey sealant around the gasket, put the gasket on the block (sealant on the block side... Set the oil pan on, then tightened it down.  F'ing thing leaks :(  Going to have to pull the motor and do it again apparently.  Will just keep an eye on the oil level till I do the five speed swap. Double checked the bolts, they are snug..................

IMAG0192_zpsa874ab49.jpg
IMAG0191_zps4ac2cbb4.jpg
IMAG0190_zps5eeccdee.jpg
IMAG0189_zps6a1d2c7c.jpg

^^^ I wiped the side of that off, so I could try and find where it's coming from.  But a mile down the street the oil is just all over the place again.  can't tell

IMAG0188_zps40827719.jpg