The next episode.

izzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Halp!

Push rod is bent when I pulled head I noticed it. Had someone send me one off another a 14 but it'd shorter..... Car ran find with tweaked push rod. Anyone have a good push rod they can send me ASAP? I'd rather not use this bent one but may have to. I am without transportation until I get this part...

IMAG0734_zpscefc41e1.jpg

Halp!

Push rod is bent when I pulled head I noticed it. Had someone send me one off another a 14 but it'd shorter..... Car ran find with tweaked push rod. Anyone have a good push rod they can send me ASAP? I'd rather not use this bent one but may have to. I am without transportation until I get this part...

IMAG0734_zpscefc41e1.jpg

call me and let me know what the length is, got  a eh14 going to the scrapper this summer.

Just hammer it flat.  It's worked for me in the past.  I had an A12 that stuck valves in the guides due to really old fuel.  Bent 4 or 5 pushrods.  I couldn't come up with any replacements so I worked them flat with a hammer.  I never had any trouble with them after countless 6K+ shifts over the course of several years.

ill give it a shot thanks!

Can't be any worst than it is.  There is a dimple on the outside of the pushrod. Looks like it was out of place on install or over revved and popped out for a split second.  Car still ran fine, though so thinking it was installed bent.  I am going to work on this bitch tomorrow. Got the whole week off.

Just hammer it flat.  It's worked for me in the past.  I had an A12 that stuck valves in the guides due to really old fuel.  Bent 4 or 5 pushrods.  I couldn't come up with any replacements so I worked them flat with a hammer.  I never had any trouble with them after countless 6K+ shifts over the course of several years.

Head gasket on, all put back together. Runs and drives again! Will test compression tomorrow but she purrs again.

Tax returns coming soon. Getting another rig. Maybe another datsun... May end up just getting a whip from the 90s for creature comforts / daily driving... Then just have my dattos for play.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some Toyota MR2 seats in damn near perfect condition. 

Pulled the passenger side out today and started looking around. Its going to require some work to get that one to sit in there properly due to the hump....

Haven't checked the driver side yet but it may be easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Bitches be all jelly of my purchase. :fu:

Special thanks to Brain, Dave and Tristin. You guys rock!

Charge light is on but it charges. Alt wiring is jerky and needs cleaned up. Leaks oil a little bit. Gas gauge don't work. Temp gauge is disconnected. Flat spot in carb. Interior is very decent. Has carpet too!

2012-03-25_18-28-11_448.jpg

2012-03-25_18-28-00_219.jpg

2012-03-25_18-27-52_382.jpg

Just bought my old wagon back!!!

:fu: :fu: