The next episode.

izzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

One of the brakes on the b210 has been dragging. I thought it was coming from the rear, so I checked those out. They came back in the clear, as they were adjusted in from banner towing a trailer in the rain. (But, one shoe is worn thin in one spot... so I need to throw a new shoe on it.)

IMAG0353.jpg

Found the problem. Front passenger caliper boot has some tears in it, and the piston getting crusty and causing it to be slow on the release. I greased it what I could and called it good until I can get another one.

IMAG0355.jpg

Been talking with banner on different exhaust for this thing...  He suggested a "Stinger" for the killer B...

Heres the idea...  Straight piped A14.  Boso tip running out the back.. 45degree angle, 18" long.  With a rain cap... BRAP!  If its too loud I may add a resonator to tone it down a tiny bit. 

My high res rendition lolz.  Yes that fugly ass bumper is coming off since i fucked it up.

IMAG0300-1.jpg

And for fucks sake.

IMAG0336.jpg

Good lord. Seaside sucks lately....  Colder than shit, floods.

I drove the B thru this last night when it was about a foot deep.  First go around it barely started cutting out after i got thru it, but i was cruising a little fast... On the way back thru, it was fine as I just crawled.  Keeping a spare dizzy cap, rotor and WD40 in the car... Just in case.  Guess I should bring a few tools too.....

Without further ado..  Pictures are this morning, I had to bring my girl home and  the water was even more deep. So borrowed a 2000 Sierra 1500 with 33" tires and a 6" lift. 

IMAG0494.jpg
IMAG0495.jpg
IMAG0496.jpg
IMAG0497.jpg
IMAG0498.jpg
IMAG0499.jpg
IMAG0500.jpg
IMAG0501.jpg
IMAG0502.jpg
IMAG0503.jpg
IMAG0504.jpg
IMAG0505.jpg
IMAG0506.jpg
IMAG0507.jpg
IMAG0508.jpg

People come to Oregon for the scenery but stay for the flooding..... :D

For some reason our water table must have dropped because my front yard used to flood at least 3 or 4 times year for weeks at a time ( so that little shed up front was an island) but now water soaks into ground in a couple days... :confused: :confused:

rad_swingset.gif

^^^ Hahahaha, 

What sucks... Is that on the south end of seaside is where it floods. Across the highway.  There is NO access around it.  So when it floods out, if you can't get across you have two options.  One, the towing company sits on both sides with a flatbed and will charge you 75 bucks to take you across. Or, you spend about 2-3 hours going across highway 26 (which is icy, and snowy pass across the mountain) then up a bunch of backroads to astoria. 

Wish I would have taken pics of the B when I drove across.  The water was an inch or two deep on the floorboard of the car. 

• 2 weeks later...

Removed my fucked rear bumper. Mocked up the 45 degree pipe for the bozo pipe. Exhaust shop is going to hook me up with a few pieces for this... Going to tack on a two inch wide piece of flat steel between the bumper shocks so there is technically a bumper there. No flack from the cops that way.

I used a punch to make a mark in the bumper shocks. Then drilled them to relieve the air pressure....

The piaa lights are off my old 510 wagon I sold a few years back that went to Hawaii.