Weber Rebuild

Uncle Laulau

Brian, I pulled out the two jets from the barrels and the needle jet. I will check to make sure all the surfaces are nice and flat, good looking out.

Ok I'm back froma napa with some gasket making paper for the air filter plate gasket, and I'm gonna cut that out and start thoroughly cleaning stuff up. On a side note I found out I can get a clutch on the napa sale for $100 and change, hmmmm.

Thanks for everyone's help.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you have plastic parts in the chem dip? Doesnt that stuff destroy the plastic?

Plastic filter under that 19mm plug at the fuel inlet, and plastic at the throttle shaft ends.

Maybe i am wrong about plastic being destryed in chem dip.

Why do you have plastic parts in the chem dip? Doesnt that stuff destroy the plastic?

Plastic filter under that 19mm plug at the fuel inlet, and plastic at the throttle shaft ends.

Maybe i am wrong about plastic being destryed in chem dip.

Ummmmmm, I might have made a boo boo. Yikes. I'll check the directions on the can again. It comes with a plastic dipping basket, and to tell you the truth I thought I had taken all the plastic off. Well this is an experiment now. We will see if you can get away with dipping those parts in this product with no ill effects. It runs sweet right now, if that's any indication.

Up and running? Did u strain the solvent? Sometimes it helps to see what was in there....or just cool to see.

-B

Yah It's running smoooooth. Hope I didn't hurt any plastic pieces I forgot to take off...drrrrrrrr. On a side note, I found out my crank case vent for the pcv was permanently plugged. Wayno pointed it out to me. Nice. What's the deal, I saw people posting on the web it was an old rally car trick?! I really would like to fix the pcv asap.

Is the PIR thing still going on? If it is I would love to check it out. Take care Brian.

I didn't strain it totally, it's stinky. I did find one nice size hunk of aluminum! Size of a flat apple seed. Nice to suck that into my engine.

On a side note, I found out my crank case vent for the pcv was permanently plugged.

I think I pointed this out also!

I dont know about rally car trick but it thay have sidedrafts they open vent it! NOT PLUG IT.

Plugn it is a dumbass trick

that motor look pretty clean really!!!!!!!!keep it running. glad it runs good

Thanks man. I just looked at the place the crank case vent used to come out. It looks smashed into the block, like somone took a mallet to it. Really slick. Not. I'm gonna change the oil today and try and stay ahead of gunk build up that may occur. I'm actually going to try and go to jiffy lube, 19 bucks is just to good. I have a funny feeling they will turn me away, dang lawyers and frivolous lawsuits.

soembody shpould have a spare L16 block tube ,come out the side,

late L16s/18/20 have the hole on top and its a 90deg bend on the tubes.I have 2 spare tubes,just open vent it till you get a hose and PCV.

Sounds good, open vent it till. I took my truck into jiffy lube. It was so funny, they had to use ramps and lift my truck over the lip of the bay, tehee

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My truck stay broke! Golly gosh, looks like I need some more Ratsun wisdom. The short of it is when I give it the gas it bogs down, even stalls. I think it is carb issues. Wayno thinks it's missing, as of a couple days ago. Sorry to throw you under the bus man, or at least out there. So here is my first video of the drama. I have a couple others if needed, same type of behavior.

th_MVI_9859.jpg

th_MVI_9857.jpg

th_MVI_9858.jpg

Ratsun do your magic, make my truck work with your wisdom and knowledge. Don't let me down, or I will join honda civic racers . net.

Downdraft carb skills are the same as sidedraft carb skills.

Laulau, I notice in your first pictures that the factory fuel tank vent is not connected. Now, if the tank is not properly vented it can cause driveability and overflow problems. Check that out. How is your tank venting? They come with a sealed cap, and a fuel tank vent line which comes up to the engine compartment.

Laulau, I notice in your first pictures that the factory fuel tank vent is not connected. Now, if the tank is not properly vented it can cause driveability and overflow problems. Check that out. How is your tank venting? They come with a sealed cap, and a fuel tank vent line which comes up to the engine compartment.

That line is capped off, I looked at the truck the other day, it never entered my mind, as the vapor separater is long gone on that truck, I just assumed that it would be alright capped off rather than open to the air, as there is no return fitting on the carb. I have been running my truck for years without a vent line, my SU type setup has a return line connected to the pressure regulator, so excess fuel goes back to the tank, so I must have holes somewhere in my system as it has not collapsed my tank, hmmmm, maybe I should look into this one of these days. :lol:

:( This is bad news, you need someone with downdraft carb skills, that isn't me. I always feel sad when a datsun I know is sick.:unsure: Hopefully soon your 521 will feel better.

Wayno you rock! Thanks mandingo. I'm learning so much with every one on the forum. I'm not sad just was hoping it would run as good as it did before it didn't. Hope you had a rad 4th.

[/q

Wayno saw a tube he thought was the vent tube capped off on the fire wall! man can this be it? Someone who says they're a mechanic earns my trust. Maybe next time I'll ask for there credentials. That sounded vindictive....maybe I'll just take my lumps. Yikes this is turning into a vent session. I'll keep everyone posted, I'm sure it will work out.