My non datto weekend

Well,every now and again I have to work on something non datsun/nissan related.This weekend was the set up and installation of my 73 VW super beetle motor.I wanted to put on the 1641 pistons I have but the wife wanted it done soon so i will probably sell them.I do however have a nice stock 1600 setup with rebuilt heads with oversize intake valves,header and weber progressive manifold.

2008_0301Image0007.jpg

2008_0301Image0006.jpg

Kind of hard to take a picture around here and not catch a datsun in there.

I got it all installed and have only a few things left to do.The beetle motor probably weighs about 1/3 of a L series datsun motor.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's cool.

I had a neighbor a few years back that was into Bugs. I like them a bit too. He once asked me to help him pull his motor and I was hesitant. I found out all he wanted was for me to help him just lift it right out of the car and carry it into his garage. he had it all unbolted. Took 1 min :D hehe...

He ran dual downdraft Webers for a short while. He told me he switched back to a single Weber because it was so much easier to tune and better on gas. hardly lost any power.

Heres some more pics.This is the super beetle model.Not quite as cool as the standard but it does live up to the "super" name with its mcpherson struts and larger over all size.

My wife and I drove this car from Port Orchard to Milwaukee Wisconsin and back about 6 years ago.I got about another year out of it but my lack of maintenance led to cracked overheated heads.My dedication to Datsuns has left it neglected for ever.

The blue book on this car is awesome.As a classic it is rated in 4 stages.low,med,high and diamond.High blue book is over $9000!If I were to get it running as is tomorrow it would be about $3000.Not that it would be that easy to sell it for that.

2008_0302Image0009.jpg

2008_0302Image0011.jpg

2008_0302Image0010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...