My "hello" post.

So I met Skib at the Northwest Z meeting this Wednesday and after hearing some great shenanigan stories, I've finally come to Ratsun!

I'm Jason, live in Vancouver. I'm a sedation RN, computer builder, shady tree mechanic. I occasionally get lucky when it comes to welding and fabricating stuff, but I do pretty well when it comes to my toaster-oven powder coater. :D

I have a 1976 Datsun 280Z that some of you might have seen at the BBQ at the motor shop on Hwy 99 in Hazel Dell a week or two ago.

I have it Megasquirt'd right now. EDIS 6 wasted spark set up, fun little slingshot.

Oh, before I forget and get yelled at, oics:

newrnz.jpg

19339_1320988629046_1360731108_884573_3838682_n.jpg

Before the fender got backed into :(

280zdyno.jpg

Travis at Fast Specialties making her play nice with the new MegaSquirt

180514_1830158557976_1360731108_2049358_5579268_n.jpg

Modified GM-DIS coil bracket and EDIS 6 module mounted to hand made mounting plate.

wiringharness.jpg

Building a wiring harness. 6 hours later....

Selfmadespacer.jpg

Why buy a spacer for $80 when you can make one for $2 :D

FuelGauge.jpg

Don't care what you all say, I like my little hand made fuel gauge bracket.

Throttlebodymod.jpg

Converted the 55mm Altima TB from a shaft actuation to a cable actuation.

Cranktriggeraddition.jpg

Adding a crank angle wheel and sensor to a car that didn't have them.

FinishedCoils.jpg

One of my favorite pictures.

FirstPowerup.jpg

Baby has a new brain!

So, yes, hello Ratsun!

• Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gregs a male nurse." "I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?" :D Sorry, couldn't resist with the RN soap letters. Good for you though, and welcome to Ratsun. Are you coming to Canby? You don't have an excuse, you're too close!

Damm .... that's a trick set-up!!!! ...... . . :thumbup: .. .. . . . . welcome to Ratsun ,, ,, , , ready for Canby???? .... . . oh yeah,,, and MOAR PICS!!!!

At first I was afraid I was petrified

Kept thinkin' I could never live without you by my side;

But then I spent so many nights

Thinkin' how you did me wrong

And I grew strong!!

Okay, that made more sense in my head. I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to make Canby because of SOAK, but I just looked at the dates again and it looks like Canby is the 11th and SOAK is the 16th! So yes, I might as well be getting my butt down to Canby!

wow it look like she can move :D

She scoots! I really want to drop in a VH45DE at some point (I have a psuedo-help post up about that). I need to find a 300ZX TT 5-speed though, unless I use the Q45's auto transmission.

Wasnt this car at the May 1st meet in vancouver? I remember it...

Yes she was one of the Z's that was at the Vancouver meet; which was a nice crowd by the way. Absolutely nothing like a lot of the old "import meets" I used to go to with friends. No attitudes at the May 1st meet, just chill people. Much appreciates.

"Gregs a male nurse." "I have nipples Greg, can you milk me?" :D Sorry, couldn't resist with the RN soap letters. Good for you though, and welcome to Ratsun. Are you coming to Canby? You don't have an excuse, you're too close!

I just realized that Canby and SOAK are on different weekends, so yes, I will be coming. :)

welcome!!! male nursee whooo!! :D

Little Old Ladies (aka L.O.L.s) absolutely love me. :)

I feel better if he comes to Canby in case we have any shenanigans involving bikes/cats/copious quantities of blood. ;)

Shoot, I was hoping for copious quantities of alcohol :P

Thats a nice outfit you got on there guy...

These are O.R scrubs.....

O R they?

little male nurse humor LOL

Kickass car btw, megasquirt is a helluva versatile system.........FTW

Bill

It is. I want to use my netbook as an indash carputer and run the Tuner Studio dashboard on it so I have all my vitals right there.

Hello Jason

Finally another EDIS user. Does the megasquirt III control it?

Here's my Datsun engine, dizzy hole plugged

19530.jpg

Plugged my dizzy hole with a block plug. It was a suggestion from one of the Z forums I came across. It's always fun when people walk up and realize parts aren't there. :)

I'm using MS2-extra to run her. If I do my VH45DE swap, I'll need MS3 and the MS3-X expansion card if I want to run sequential fuel and spark. I should be able to run a V8 in wasted spark configuration though.

Welcome to Ratsun. :D Looks like a nice Z. So, did Travis do that work at the shop or a side project?

Did the dyno tune at the shop. He's a neat guy. If I ever get around to putting injector bungs in my LD28 diesel manifold and use it on my L28 motor, I'm going to have him throw it up on the dyno for another round of tuning. However, I may just do the VH35DE swap and spend the money for a tune after that is set up.