tubular A arms for 78 620

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beebani(member here) makes upper control arms, but they are not a tube style and they are not designed for the 78 620 frame geometry.

I have made two sets of tube arms for converting a 73-77 620 to discs, the arms are close to what you need for your frame, but not close enough.

Finalcontrolarm03.jpg

Finalcontrolarm02.jpg

Here is what mine look like, i still have the jig that i made for them. And my jig is adjustable so that i can do arms for the 78/79 frames too.

I could be persuaded to make more, but it would be a couple months. Let me know if you want me to look into the costs..

Beebani(member here) makes upper control arms, but they are not a tube style and they are not designed for the 78 620 frame geometry.

I have made two sets of tube arms for converting a 73-77 620 to discs, the arms are close to what you need for your frame, but not close enough.

Finalcontrolarm03.jpg

Finalcontrolarm02.jpg

Here is what mine look like, i still have the jig that i made for them. And my jig is adjustable so that i can do arms for the 78/79 frames too.

I could be persuaded to make more, but it would be a couple months. Let me know if you want me to look into the costs..

how much for a set

wish I could persude Troy to make a few sets of these but he doesn't think he would sell any, what do you think Jason?

controlarm2.jpg

controlarm.jpg

Those can't be cheap.

Have those been test fit to a vehicle with a 15 or 16 inch wheel? I think that the design is going to have a horrible rubbing problem, maybe not though. Been a while since i was doing mock-ups for clearance.

They look cool as hell though. :D

Those can't be cheap.

Have those been test fit to a vehicle with a 15 or 16 inch wheel? I think that the design is going to have a horrible rubbing problem, maybe not though. Been a while since i was doing mock-ups for clearance.

They look cool as hell though. :D

They were put on a 521 (with a built small block chevy) with 14 or 15" wheels and no rubbing issues

sorry about the slight thread jack :mellow:

yello620 That is the exact style i need what would a pair of them run me? and 69FJWangon that pair looks sweet as hell i would love a set like that but they look a bit pricey for my budget. No worries no body is thread jacking me you guys are answering good questions for me about clearance so thanks.

yello620 That is the exact style i need what would a pair of them run me? and 69FJWangon that pair looks sweet as hell i would love a set like that but they look a bit pricey for my budget. No worries no body is thread jacking me you guys are answering good questions for me about clearance so thanks.

620king--i am looking into costs, holiday weekend, and school will have me busy until mid next week.

I'd also be interested in some arms (upper & lower) for a 521, to be used with a later disc brake spindle & coilovers. Just throwin that out there to show interest if anyone is thinking of having some made. It would be at least a few months before I'd be looking to buy anyways.

I am still working on the final details on the actual production. I want the buyer to have the option to run rubber or polyurethane bushings. And the arms for a 73-77 620 are slightly different than those for a 78-79 620. So i will need to make another jig to build the 78-79 style in.

However, i am currently looking at $250 for a set, and looking to see if i can get that to come down a little, or make that include shipping.

I should have a complete for sale thread next week, hopefully with pictures too. I will need a couple of committed buyers(deposit) to consider making these. Not interested in getting stuck with them.

I am still working on the final details on the actual production. I want the buyer to have the option to run rubber or polyurethane bushings. And the arms for a 73-77 620 are slightly different than those for a 78-79 620. So i will need to make another jig to build the 78-79 style in.

However, i am currently looking at $250 for a set, and looking to see if i can get that to come down a little, or make that include shipping.

I should have a complete for sale thread next week, hopefully with pictures too. I will need a couple of committed buyers(deposit) to consider making these. Not interested in getting stuck with them.

Would you be interested in making just the ball joint plates available if you get some laser cut/water jetted?
  • 5 months later...

So it looks like beebani made a set anyone else making them? Im interested in a set if they can be made?

why dont you contact Jason (beebani) and talk with him, he has bagged a truck, done the disc swaps, he is a good guy and knows his stuff, and he lives down in Independece Oregon...So try to give him a call, I am sure hi will work with ya!!! Just a thought!!