Ricer Sightings

Carbon fiber hood with useless shark gill vents makes it rice in my opinion. A clean carbon hood is rice enough,, but big useless vents that surely detract from more then add to performance,, RICE. A 70 dollar plate of sushi is still as much rice as a 1 dollar bowl of chicken flavored uncle bens. HAHA! I make me laugh.

I like the looks of that carbon hood and if it were mine,, I would rock it,, but would not argue when a redneck drives by and screams RICER!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder

- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747

- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool

- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself

- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire

- Clear tail lights and corner signals

- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)

- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

Its flashy, and the proper badge for the front is GTR... but the car still is Infinity, Nissan badge does not belong on the G35...

Wrong there. In japan that frame is a nissan, not a infinity, infinity is just rebadging here in the states, so technically they are putting the car to the correct term. So by your terms, any guy that puts a bluebird emblem on a 510 here in the states is ricer, same with SSS emblems, because they dont belong on our usa spec cars..? Right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

Look here at the last few years of skyline, notice those nissan badges on those infinities. Because in japan, they are nissans.

• Like 1

Wrong there. In japan that frame is a nissan, not a infinity, infinity is just rebadging here in the states, so technically they are putting the car to the correct term. So by your terms, any guy that puts a bluebird emblem on a 510 here in the states is ricer, same with SSS emblems, because they dont belong on our usa spec cars..? Right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Skyline

Look here at the last few years of skyline, notice those nissan badges on those infinities. Because in japan, they are nissans.

Yep, you don't see any Lexus or Scion in Japan either it's all for the American market. At one point Infiniti was thinking of making a 4 door version of the GTR and would have the same engine but on a sedan platform. In Japan the G35 is called Skyline V36 350gt & the G37 is a V36 370gt.

Ya, sucks they got rid of the gtr model to to make the new gtr. So like i said, what he calls rice, is putting the correct badging on the cars, otherwise any 510 with a bluebird, sss, jdm grille, or tailights is apparently ricer.

Ya, sucks they got rid of the gtr model to to make the new gtr. So like i said, what he calls rice, is putting the correct badging on the cars, otherwise any 510 with a bluebird, sss, jdm grille, or tailights is apparently ricer.

Yeah I didn't like it either but again GTR was ment more for the american market to get attention in Japan it's still a skyline R35 GTR sucks that they had to replace the RB for the VR & VQ's.

Would you guys consider this Ricey, I don't like the wheels to much but other than that it's looks like a clean G35 with a aftermarket wanna be GTR front bumper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tus-ApOJtu4&sns=em

I dont like the wheels, but i wouldnt consider it rice, but hey what do i know, im sure the purists on hear will tear it apart

Badging is one thing, but explain the incorrect bumper, and it STILL HAS THE INCORRECT BADGE!!! it is suppose to have the GTR, well like the GTR does. I hope they change all the badges over to Nissan. Oh and lets see, is the car also RHD to have the Nissan badge? Because I do not believe Nissan ever made a LHD V35 (only a G35 Infinity).

I know about the Japanese market vs US market stuff. I do think that putting toyota badges on your lexus is rice, but it is not a problem, it is actually kinda cool that you can swap around factory parts amongst the cars. I like that I have a 200sx tranny that bolted in. Putting a bumper that had to be designed aftermarket for your car is rice.

SSS badges on 510s, well looks silly on some, some suit them well, but most importantly, you could at least order those from the factory. And none of this is a body kit. All is subtle.

So, please dont state that someones OPINION is wrong, because it cannot be wrong, But I see that you disagree which is your opinion, which is not wrong, just different.

I still think it is flashy, and rice.

Badging is one thing, but explain the incorrect bumper, and it STILL HAS THE INCORRECT BADGE!!! it is suppose to have the GTR, well like the GTR does. I hope they change all the badges over to Nissan. Oh and lets see, is the car also RHD to have the Nissan badge? Because I do not believe Nissan ever made a LHD V35 (only a G35 Infinity).

I know about the Japanese market vs US market stuff. I do think that putting toyota badges on your lexus is rice, but it is not a problem, it is actually kinda cool that you can swap around factory parts amongst the cars. I like that I have a 200sx tranny that bolted in. Putting a bumper that had to be designed aftermarket for your car is rice.

SSS badges on 510s, well looks silly on some, some suit them well, but most importantly, you could at least order those from the factory. And none of this is a body kit. All is subtle.

So, please dont state that someones OPINION is wrong, because it cannot be wrong, But I see that you disagree which is your opinion, which is not wrong, just different.

I still think it is flashy, and rice.

I'm sure there are a few European countries that use the LHD because in Norway they have LHD Nissan Skyline R34 GTR's and they still use the Japanese names like (Silvia, 350gt, skyline) also some use 200sx S14 instead of 240sx (Silvia S14). Remember Infiniti I30 aka Nissan Maxima or Mercury Sable, Lincoln MKZ aka Ford Taurus I really never understood why they rebadged those kind of cars but a lot of companies do it to have a higher luxury version of the same car.

I'm sure there are a few European countries that use the LHD because in Norway they have LHD Nissan Skyline R34 GTR's and they still use the Japanese names like (Silvia, 350gt, skyline) also some use 200sx S14 instead of 240sx (Silvia S14). Remember Infiniti I30 aka Nissan Maxima or Mercury Sable, Lincoln MKZ aka Ford Taurus I really never understood why they rebadged those kind of cars but a lot of companies do it to have a higher luxury version of the same car.

There never was a factory LHD R34. All were conversions. I understand what you are saying. I am saying they are technically different models with different names. Hence why we have PL510s and not P510s.

200sx is because it uses a SR20, we call the S14 here a 240sx because it uses the KA24... like BMW having a 535i and a 540i.

There never was a factory LHD R34. All were conversions. I understand what you are saying. I am saying they are technically different models with different names. Hence why we have PL510s and not P510s.

200sx is because it uses a SR20, we call the S14 here a 240sx because it uses the KA24... like BMW having a 535i and a 540i.

Yeah your right i was confused because there were companies out there that made LHD conversion kits for the skyline's, the first one i seen was from the magazine Super Street in 2003 that was from Norway and it was LHD so this whole time i thought they only made them LHD for certain countries.

Here's some pic's, LHD looks pretty cool if i had an R34 i would do the conversion

R34LHD1.jpg

R34LHD3.jpg

R34LHD2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot6eDCl_yho