What is that?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock is 280HP and 380 TQ. They still hold the title for fastest production truck ever made. 0-60 in 4.6 with a turbo launch stock. They only built 3000 of these in 1991 and 33 in 1992. Then in late 1992 and all of 1993 the Typhoon hit the market which was the GMC Jimmy. Mine is #994 off the assembly line.

Truck is stupid fast and AWD. and...a KA for the Datsun? I have a built 2.6 G54B going in next winter.....

All I can think of is R. Lee Ermey saying "What is that?!" What the fuck is that?!" Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir. :D And while I am not a fan of S10 series pickups, I can't argue the thing is fast.

All I can think of is R. Lee Ermey saying "What is that?!" What the fuck is that?!" Sir, a jelly doughnut, sir. :D And while I am not a fan of S10 series pickups, I can't argue the thing is fast.

S10...that aint no stinkin S10....That's a SONOMA.....hahahah....the cladding and the wheels is the only thing keeping this thing from being butt ass ugly....

Without seeing under the hood, or under the truck, it's hard to say.

Could be an S-15 Sonoma or a Syclone.

I remember when the Syclone came out, their advertising was pitting it against a Ferrari 348TS.

IF that is indeed a Syclone, that is one bad ass truck.

I've seen a handful of Typhoons, but only ever seen 2 Syclones.

You know what's worse? It's actually a T10. One of my pet peeves. Everyone calls every small gm truck and S10, or S15. But that's only if it's 2wd. It's T10 or T15 if it's 4x4.

Without seeing under the hood, or under the truck, it's hard to say.

Could be an S-15 Sonoma or a Syclone.

I remember when the Syclone came out, their advertising was pitting it against a Ferrari 348TS.

IF that is indeed a Syclone, that is one bad ass truck.

I've seen a handful of Typhoons, but only ever seen 2 Syclones.

I have all of those articles. The previous owner had every magazine that had a write-up about these trucks. It was fun reading through that particular one. It is indeed a syclone a not a clone. Clones are easy to spot because of the way the VINS are generated.

Who made the big brake kit for the front of the syclone? Or is late model S-10 spindles?

Nice truck too. Wanted one for years, but will never get one.

Those are 18" Z06 Wheels wrapped in 275 40 18's. The 4 piston calipers are from a C5 and so are the 13" cross drilled/slotted rotors. GM gear bolts right on. The previous ownner did the work and this thing stops faster than it accelerates. The only bitch I have with the setup is the tracking. It really grabs the ruts in the road and it takes 2 hands on beat up highways.

God, I had a job inspecting lease turn in cars, during that Cash for clunkers fiasco some fool used one of those as the turn in......I begged and pleaded for the dealer to sell me the truck for scrap or let me pull parts off, anything, with no avail. It appeared in good unrestored condition, some cosmetic surface damage but the suede interior was perfect and the finish was nice. I'm sure the turbo or awd was f'ed up and the fool that owned it didn't have the money to repair it, but instead of A: selling on ebay and making lots of cash or B: parting out on ebay and making lots of cash, they used it as cash for clunkers and got maybe $3k and bought something like an AveoLT. So it had SodiumSlafate poured into the block rendering a beautiful motor scrap and got put into a big pile with clapped out Aerostars and Caprices and got crushed.

You know what's worse? It's actually a T10. One of my pet peeves. Everyone calls every small gm truck and S10, or S15. But that's only if it's 2wd. It's T10 or T15 if it's 4x4.

From the picture alone, could you tell it was a 4x4?

So from the picture alone, it could be an S-15. Right?

Peeve away.

But I feel the same way.

I am well aware of it's chassis designation.

God, I had a job inspecting lease turn in cars, during that Cash for clunkers fiasco some fool used one of those as the turn in......I begged and pleaded for the dealer to sell me the truck for scrap or let me pull parts off, anything, with no avail. It appeared in good unrestored condition, some cosmetic surface damage but the suede interior was perfect and the finish was nice. I'm sure the turbo or awd was f'ed up and the fool that owned it didn't have the money to repair it, but instead of A: selling on ebay and making lots of cash or B: parting out on ebay and making lots of cash, they used it as cash for clunkers and got maybe $3k and bought something like an AveoLT. So it had SodiumSlafate poured into the block rendering a beautiful motor scrap and got put into a big pile with clapped out Aerostars and Caprices and got crushed.

Some of the guys that I know who are super passionate about finding every last one of these would cry if you told that story....seriously...tears! There is an event (12th year running) that gathers all SyTy owners from the United States. It's called Nationals and people come from all over the states for this 3 day event including Canada. There is a registry of all known remaining vehicles. The transfer case alone on these are highly sought after and could bring close to 1k. Cladding, wheels etc etc etc and the dude could have made enough money to buy something much better than a Chevy Aveo and he could have paid cash. It's a shame these trucks as well as Datsuns fall into the hands of idiots.