My Trucks Body

MrRobatoGato

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Truck doesn't look bad at all:D I would do some cleaning first, Then primer truck completely and bondo where needed, As the beds off change shocks, brake lines, clean gas tank etc:)....Same with engine bay, Check on ebay for harder to find parts and local wrecking yards.

Your truck has got lots of potential! Cant wait to see how it progresses:D!

By the way, The truck is not too bad. I have one in my garage about the same way disassembly wise. I also have a daily driver.

How far do you want to go with the rebuilding of the truck? Show room new? Or driver? something in between?:confused:

A few things you will need:

plenty of diposable money

a number of hard to find parts

something to take rust off

compresser with alot of air tools

tools, tools and more tools

a lot of paitence

and more beer (lol)

Here is a couple of options. Does your local community college have classes for you? I live near Oregon City, and Clackamas Community College has a couple of classes in auto estoration, that meet weekends or evenings. You get access to the tools they have, expert help from the instructors, and access to the paint booths.

I am also a member of DatsunsNW. Among other things, club membership get you discounts on parts from Wilsonville Nissan, Baxter auto parts, and more. I saved enough on discounts at these two places to pay for the annual dues to DatsunsNW, many times over.

Rodney at Wilsonville Nissan is also very helpful with ordering parts for your truck.

Body panels that are new, are no longer available. You have to find used. Be careful buying used stuff locally, many times you will buy a used fender, and it is just as bad, or worse than what you already have got. I am thinking of trying to get some parts out of Arizona, or Socal to see if they are any better.

If you need help, or have specific questions, post away. Many here will help you. I can help you with 521 wiring issues.

Does your truck have an engine?

Looks pretty good so far. Are you able to do some welding yourself? If you're able to, you could always replace the rusted areas yourself... it'd save you a fair bit of cash. If not, then you could just rivet new metal into spots like the engine bay and floor. Talk to tdaaj, he might have a some parts you need. I managed to get a fender and hood from him in really nice shape, and you're a lot closer to him then I am.