NW 620 in minitruckin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually it is the March issue and there where 3 Datsuns with show shots. The General Lee 620, a Major Body dropped 521 with 20s, no bed and in primer..But it should be cool when done. And My truck was also had a show shot. The 521 and my truck are also in the March issue of Street Truck...

actually it is the March issue and there where 3 Datsuns with show shots. The General Lee 620, a Major Body dropped 521 with 20s, no bed and in primer..But it should be cool when done. And My truck was also had a show shot. The 521 and my truck are also in the March issue of Street Truck...

Thats funny, there is a guy in Puyallup with a body dropped 521, primered, with no bed, on 20s haha what are the chances :)

The new Street Truck came in yesterday....pg 6 has a 521 on it!! I think there's been a datsun in each of the last 3-4 issues of both Minitrkn and StrtTrks. We get enough trucks to Canby, we might be able to get some show coverage of it :)

Yeah Mike, I think there was actually 2 521's in the new streetrucks issue. They had coverage of the washington show which had pics of the 521 that ice is talking about (which has looked the same for about 3 years now) and there was a red 521 that looked to be in mint condition.

There really seems to be a lot more of these old trucks around now.

the one with the WA coverage was last months issue....the new one just came yesterday. There wasn't any mention of the 521, but they did mention 320's. It was an editorial about a "Field of Gold" ....some dismantler down south that caters to old mini trucks.

Ice..So you know the guy that owns that Bodydroppes 521...I would love to see it down. but it seems to be in the same state for awhile now...Any idea if he is going to finish it?

Yes the guy I know has only had it a year, I think there might be 2 :) I will get some photo's next time I talk to the guy.. I have to say it looks dam good.

pictures please. can't seem to find minitruckin anywhere lately.

I need to invest in a new camera :( my batterys suck, I think it would be cheaper for the camera than just the batteries.

We get enough trucks to Canby, we might be able to get some show coverage of it :)

Is that a Hint :)

Yeah Mike, I think there was actually 2 521's in the new streetrucks issue. They had coverage of the washington show which had pics of the 521 that ice is talking about (which has looked the same for about 3 years now) and there was a red 521 that looked to be in mint condition.

There really seems to be a lot more of these old trucks around now.

Yep deffinatly a different truck, he hasn't had it that long.

2eDeYe;1098']Is this the 521?:cool:

0703mt_25_z+2006_summer_slam+old_datsun.jpg

How 'bout 'The General' complete with dents...:D

0703mt_22_z+2006_summer_slam+vintage_mini_truck.jpg

I's amazing what a little searching will find... :P

http://www.minitruckinweb.com/events/west/0703mt_2006_summer_slam/show_information.html

That 521 looks like 20's, but it doesnt look body dropped, unless its not laid out. Looks sweet, its almost a little too big for me though. Maybe ill just do 19's on mine.

In my personal view of the 521 truck is that it will probly never get finished. He has had it like this for at least 2+ yrs without alot of changes...His big issue is with those big wheels and small truck he isnt going to be able to get a engine in it...ANd I have never seen a bed for it...But it keeps getting show shots, so all you project Datsun guys, get out there and do up the truck. Most of these magazine guys like the old school trucks. One reason is that they are a change of pace from the 250 mazdas, 150 toyotas and 300 new age S10s...So all you die hard classic mini truck owners customized away and hit the shows and you more than likely you will live on in print....:cool:

In my personal view of the 521 truck is that it will probly never get finished. He has had it like this for at least 2+ yrs without alot of changes...His big issue is with those big wheels and small truck he isnt going to be able to get a engine in it...ANd I have never seen a bed for it...But it keeps getting show shots, so all you project Datsun guys, get out there and do up the truck. Most of these magazine guys like the old school trucks. One reason is that they are a change of pace from the 250 mazdas, 150 toyotas and 300 new age S10s...So all you die hard classic mini truck owners customized away and hit the shows and you more than likely you will live on in print....:cool:

Thats exactally my thinking. Minitruckin did a feature on a light green 521 that wasnt bagged on 18's and 20's and that truck wasnt even that nice. it looked good in pics, but in person there were dents and dings all over it. Im hoping for a cover, or at least a feature with mine when its done.

Hell if you do a nice clean job, you will get a feature. They are in dire need of a good old school custom to be featured. Just hurry up, that guy down in Tennesse with that Xcab that was in the under construction issue of mini truckin a few months back...that is a cool little truck..And he has an inside track, he has already been featured underconstruction so they are going to be looking for it to be done... And you also are in a good club with several feature trucks and a good rep. That helps...So good luck and Be lookin in pages of the magazines...oh sorry, the cover of the mags...