looking to buy a dime

youngen

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be listing my 69 wagon roller (missing motor/trans) in a few months after I sit and look long and hard @ the then two wagons that I'll have.

keep looking @ craigs list. a friend of mine keeps finding them and posting them on my FB account.

ive been lookin at buying a datsun for a while now about 3 yrs but im not to knowledgable about them

any of you guys have any advice for a newbie

If you don't know much about them you have two options:

ONE: you can save up and pay for one that is more or less complete and ready to drive. Saves a lot of bother, time, mistakes. Depending on the owner these cars are sometimes viewed as X amount of money spent for X amount of fun to drive. Like going to the movies. It ends up not appreciated and does not get proper maintainance, little things don't get fixed because you don't know how and a mechanic charges a lot of money for work. These cars need attention and routine maintenance. Worst of all the car can get the inexperienced owner in over their heads and it all ends in a wreck.

TWO: you buy a project car and build and learn as you go. Preferably one that is complete but needs work. This is not easy and takes dedication and lots of time and money. You know the strengths and weaknesses of the car and know everything works together and how to fix and repair it. You know when something is wrong with it and how to make it better. Best of all you and the car grow together and become almost one.

mike thnks alot i think imma go with number two buy a car thts descent but needs to have work put into it to be nice im gunna save my money and hopefully by my senior yr ill have a datsun of my own and mayb u guys will see me at some of the swap meets, and shows

hey ok well ive made sum money ive been workin alot of construction lately so shoot me what u got and lets make a sale, bcuz if i cant find a datsun in a month my dads told me i cnt buy a datsun