Air over Leaf 510 wagon

Zachsta

Anyone have any experience with this? I love slammed cars, and want to slam my wagon, but it's my first car I've had with leaf springs out back.

So I know I can do things like dearching leafs, lowering blocks, etc. But, I can't seem to find a wagon with a stance I like. So, I've been looking into a lot of air over leaf setup.

I don't have the know-how to do a full IRS swap, but I can definitely raise the cargo floor/drveshaft tunnelfor clearance.

So does anyone have any experience with a bag set up in the rear of one of these things?

Thanks!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As rad as greengoons wagon is, I'm looking to get a bit lower then that.

...and yeah, normally I'd be looking into coilovers set ups, not bags :)

Then you are probably looking into heavy mods. Greengoon had to raise the tunnel already. Axle isn't going any higher.

I'm really looking to sucking it up and 4--linking this. I just want to figure how I'd run coilovers with a 4-link.

Anyone have any contact info for the owner of the car above? Kinda want to ask him a couple questions.

what are ya new? click on his name then send him a pm!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really looking to sucking it up and 4--linking this. I just want to figure how I'd run coilovers with a 4-link.

Anyone have any contact info for the owner of the car above? Kinda want to ask him a couple questions.

seriously? how the hell did you plan to run bags over leaf if you cant figure out where to run coilovers with a 4link?

you could probably even use the factory shock mounting holes. do you know how to do fab work? none of it is gonna be "bolt in". pick up a minitruckin mag and start reading. or, if ya got the skills.....start cuttin and weldin!!!!!! :D

• 1 month later...

seriously? how the hell did you plan to run bags over leaf if you cant figure out where to run coilovers with a 4link?

you could probably even use the factory shock mounting holes. do you know how to do fab work? none of it is gonna be "bolt in". pick up a minitruckin mag and start reading. or, if ya got the skills.....start cuttin and weldin!!!!!! :D

Don't run Zachsta over with your 510 yet Kevin. He is just asking noobie questions. Help him learn. Its ok!

• 2 weeks later...

Believe me, I've thought about bags with my leafs but there is just no room. That's why I use the air shocks and they work great. I don't need a lot of lift. I did do bag over leafs on my 71 Hilux as I had much more room. I could go a little lower on the wagon with larger blocks but to lay frame I would need a 4 link or something. Good luck with your project.