Old School in Wa State

Hey guys, my name is Colin Masterson. Some of you may know me as I own an S12 that houses and RB26DETT in its engine bay. If not, no big deal. What I'm looking for are some old school Datsun guys. I think I saw several of you up at Golden Gardens Park at Northwest Nissan's annual Golden Gardens meet. I posted some pics in both my blog on Speedhunters and NWMotiv.com. Some pics of them real fast for ya:

nwn-feature1.png

Pic3.jpg

Pic13.jpg

Well, I am now an editor for NWMotiv.com and would like to do a feature on the old school cars, namely those of Nissan since I am most familiar with them. I'll eventually venture to other makes but figured I would start with you guys. I was told about you guys by other Ratsun guys and was aware of the site in the past.

I am thinking come June at a venue or in tandem with a venue try to meet up with some of you guys and get some pictures to do a blog on you guys. Is this in any possible for you Wa guys? And if anyone else is around, feel free to join in. The more the better.

• Like 1
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your looking for a real old school innovator to Datsun, contact Datsundave09 he has been building datsuns for 20+ years and still finds new school applications to the classic Datsun automobile like his new push button ignition.

Or the Datsun encyclopedia mr datsunmike.

Both those cool guys are legends in my mind when it comes to my absolute flavorite car co.

If your looking for a real old school innovator to Datsun, contact Datsundave09 he has been building datsuns for 20+ years and still finds new school applications to the classic Datsun automobile like his new push button ignition.

Both those cool guys are legends in my mind when it comes to my absolute flavorite car co.

and both should be at canby

and both should be at canby

theres going to be alot of genius datto folks at Canby, some most people around here prob wouldnt even recognize or even heard of.

folks like Steve, Pam, John, Paul, Ron, Oz, and I can keep going lol :lol:

when and where is the meet up?

\/\/

I am thinking come June at a venue or in tandem with a venue try to meet up with some of you guys and get some pictures to do a blog on you guys. Is this in any possible for you Wa guys? And if anyone else is around, feel free to join in. The more the better.

canby is in june...you could get enough photos and storys to fill the entire issue

Sweet, I will look forward to Canby then.

I assume that it will be in the events section or is there another place I should look to as well?

DatsunsNW.org

show registration if you plan on bringing the S12 (I recommend it) also where you reserve your camp space (also recommended)

shoot me a PM if your planning on going to Canby

Sweet, I will look forward to Canby for sure. As for the swap meet in Vancouver, I'll see if I can get it off work. I know that Canby is pretty far out so I have plenty of time to work it all in.

Thanks for all the assistance! You guys have helped in the way I'm looking for. I'll be sure to mention the site of course and I'll do what I can to meet up with those you mentioned. Cheers!