Poulsbo J/Y report

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if it's not any trouble. I have one, but it's kind of rough and the inside boot is torn (although not essential to operation). It'd be nice to get the two aluminum spacers too...the rectangular one on the firewall side and the m/c adapter one. One way or the other it's worth saving from the crusher :) I think they have a steering box that works in 510s too (?)...that would be worth saving too.

you guys all suck. the junkyards around here dont let you cruise around and pull your own parts. you have to tell them what vehicle you are looking for and what part and theyll pull them so im not even able see the condition of it until they get back to the office. half the time, they dont even know what cars they have back there.

are there any tail light lenes on the 521, I'm looking for 2 sets and are u going to Canby, if so I could pick them up there, let me know if so and how much $. L8R

yes i believe both of them have good sets of taillights. unfortunately i will not be making it to canby:(, i have to work. but who knows i will get you a price tomarow.

b2k i know most junk yards suck like that. we on the other hand allow people in the yard. it can bite you in the ass some times, like when kids go up and brake windows but it keeps staffing down when people pull there own parts. you could just come to our junk yard and have fun if you like:D

edit: now for some pics! ehh, they aren't that exciting.

first, the green 521. we'll call this set, the good, the bad and the ugly.

they picked this truck up and brought it to the yard, and there was still a big 'ole family of mice living in it. in the engine bay, the bed under an extra motor.

the old guy that owned them thought it would be a good idea to inflate the tires with propane, since he didn't have an air compressor. yea, filled them with propane.

upon closer inspection, not so many good parts. lots of rust. especially on the green one. the green one may end up going straight to the crush pile. sad, maybe, but its had a good long hard life.

shes got an owners manual!....

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0097.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

and a couple extras

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg