Poulsbo J/Y report

so at Yank-a-part in poulsbo (the old jims auto wrecking) there is a 710 that just showed up and a 260z that has been around for a while. theres a couple other datsuns (720 w/ napz, 620). there was a 280zx but they just crushed it a week ago before i could get the struts off it since it hadn't been marked to be crushed yet.

here's a couple pics of the 710:

0216081648.jpg

it was running right before they picked it up, but it doesn't have a key. so i'm not sure what the problem is. it has a crazy leatherette roof on it.

0216081648c.jpg

and the 260z:

0216081650.jpg

0216081650a.jpg

0216081650b.jpg

too bad the SUs are gone already, and there is a big old dent behind the pass door.

there's a J30, z31, z32 and thats about all there is worth mentioning.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that was a 240.I have the su's in my basement.They are flat tops.Good for linkage parts.Looks like there are some marker lights on the z that might be the same as 510.Jims used to kick ass.They had some 521s and 620s galore a few years back.Last time I was there they had a sweeeet 521 on top of the crushinator pile.

I love junk yard photo's!!! Dude that 710 would bring 3k on Ebay haha Did you guys see the one with the 6k or whatever buy it now? haha I couldn't believe it. Something tells me it won't sell :D

the z31 is a turbo but it has no motor

the 710 i love (the motor is really clean and its lower on the miles)

the 260 (or so the title says) is really rust free yeah the signals are the same as the 510. the drums will NOT come off.

also there is a mid 90s z car with a complete non turbo motor

and an infinity j30 rwd v6 also

also I am cool as fuck in those pictures

I thought that was a 240.I have the su's in my basement.They are flat tops.Good for linkage parts.Looks like there are some marker lights on the z that might be the same as 510.Jims used to kick ass.They had some 521s and 620s galore a few years back.Last time I was there they had a sweeeet 521 on top of the crushinator pile.

i always thought it was a 240z, it has a 260z badge on the dash, and it had a cam spray bar which i only thought came on 240s

do you remember looking at the radiator fan on that thing. its custom. they cut off the plastic blades and put metal ones on. you can't really see in the picture since they are all bent.

looks like a z31 turbo to me!

grab the rear drums from the 2?0Z...if you can get them off

we have tried to get them off but we're lazy at the time and unfortunately they don't have holes to run bolts thought to push them off of the hub. we'll probably have to take the arms off then get the drums off at home, but who knows if they will be any good once they actually come off.

man, i forgot we have multi quote on this beast

I may just go grab a rearend and those markers tomorrow so look out!

That Z I thought had fender emblems that said 240 but that was a while back.Ted(tdaaj)and I went out there once and he scored some fiberglass 510 fenders and I got the su's and some other crap.After we removed a bunch of shit we moved the hood off of the windshield to see that it said"take no parts".Oops.They still sold it to me.

Have you gone down the hill to the lower back bullpen area?There was a decent 73 620 flatbed.Probably covered in blackberrys by now.

long as the z31 had painted rear window trim instead of chrome its a turbo model and the turbo scoop gives it away if its an 84-85. I will pay you some cash for a kind of finders fee if you pull the ecu for me. I am in DIRE need of one, theres a dead z31 in my garage and its hindering me from working on my s30 right now. thanks in advance. peace.

I may just go grab a rearend and those markers tomorrow so look out!

That Z I thought had fender emblems that said 240 but that was a while back.Ted(tdaaj)and I went out there once and he scored some fiberglass 510 fenders and I got the su's and some other crap.After we removed a bunch of shit we moved the hood off of the windshield to see that it said"take no parts".Oops.They still sold it to me.

Have you gone down the hill to the lower back bullpen area?There was a decent 73 620 flatbed.Probably covered in blackberrys by now.

yea that 620 is still there its about to get moved up into the yard. we just uncovered it yesterday. previously it wasn't part of the junk yard, it belonged to one of the neighbors

velvet is going to be taking the flatbed though

Got the rear end out of the flatbed today and the Z/510 marker lense and trim I needed.They hoisted her up on the rack and the other guy did most of the work which was apparently against shop policy.They made a crack about labor fees.Cool new ownership.I hope they get more goodies soon.I also got a pair of air shocks with it.After all these years of sitting they were still holding air.

Oh yeah.The 620 out in front was supposed to be sold like 3 weeks ago.It is a propane conversion.I think a 78ish.Front disc.I wanted that rear end and they almost pulled it but one dude said to stick to his word on the sale and I can respect that.:cool:

shit.I just re read the last post and velvet wanted the flatty.Sorry dude.

Got the rear end out of the flatbed today and the Z/510 marker lense and trim I needed.They hoisted her up on the rack and the other guy did most of the work which was apparently against shop policy.They made a crack about labor fees.Cool new ownership.I hope they get more goodies soon.I also got a pair of air shocks with it.After all these years of sitting they were still holding air.

Oh yeah.The 620 out in front was supposed to be sold like 3 weeks ago.It is a propane conversion.I think a 78ish.Front disc.I wanted that rear end and they almost pulled it but one dude said to stick to his word on the sale and I can respect that.:cool:

shit.I just re read the last post and velvet wanted the flatty.Sorry dude.

he just wants the bed so no worries.

yeah the propane injected one belongs to a buddy of ours. his name is doug and he owns street issue customs. he does mini truck stuff. lives in poulsbo

http://www.s-i-c.org/

http://www.streetissuecustoms.com/

bleach, its a manual i think but i would have to go back to check.

the new owners are all really good guys. except for Collen, he is an ass hat. the other owners Dave Brad and Mike are all cool and iv known them for a good long time.

Update! 2/24/08

well i was running late for work and didn't get a chance to take any pictures of the flatbed 620, but this past week we got another 620. the title is showing up on monday, and i'm hoping they don't process it, would like to see if it runs, but it will probably go up into the yard :(

620: L18, auto, blue valve cover! it appears that they PO painted it with latex paint and it is flaking off, the butterscotch underneath looks really good

the interior is really nice, solid floor boards, just some overspray or something on the dash that looks like it came through the door jams when they tried painting it.

again, i was running late and didn't get a good 3/4 shot of it. not sure why it is there yet though.

0224081017.jpg

looks like a brand new starter

0224081017a.jpg

0224081017b.jpg

0224081018.jpg

and yes, that says "lil hussler....by datsun" on the bumper

0224081018a.jpg

0224081019.jpg