Ebay Find: sweet '63 NL320

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Wish I'd seen this discussion before... I wound up buying that truck.

Got it for far less than the reserve, but I'm concerned about the VIN now as well.

How would I even go about addressing this?

Wish I'd seen this discussion before... I wound up buying that truck.

Got it for far less than the reserve, but I'm concerned about the VIN now as well.

How would I even go about addressing this?

I would take the paper work the p.o gave you and go to dmv. Just don't take the truck with you. They will issue a new pink and plates and your all done. Or try one of the dmv service companys in your local area. I did my wagon that way and they saved me a ton of money.

Yea to get plates shouldnt be an issue.

But, popping the hood at any Datsun/Nissan event may stir up some unwanted conversation. but Id say:fu: "show me your NL"

but yea, in short... its missing the O.G. Vin plate.

the P.O. most likely found a L320 plate and swapped it, after making the "adjustments"

Hitman can you find the VIN on the frame? I think it is somewhere on teh passenger frame rail, but I am not sure.

What worried me is that you said in your post that it hadn't been registered in 10 years right? Seems odd...

But hell I LOVE the truck!

Well, lots of these old trucks weren't registered for the first several years, as they were used on property (gardening trucks) in SoCal...

I'll try and find the frame VIN and post up what I find out.

Hey Hitman, You might or might not know this but I also live in Arizona. I work to Winslow twice a week and have done a few MVD transactions there. They don't look at much. My thoughts are this......... put Your truck on a trailer and take a drive for the day into a smaller area. Try one MVD office and if that comes up negative, go to another area office. Also, in Needles,Ca I had good luck with vehicles (boats too) that the larger Barstow office was hastling Me with. Good luck. Where in AZ are You? Mike

Well, lots of these old trucks weren't registered for the first several years, as they were used on property (gardening trucks) in SoCal...

I'll try and find the frame VIN and post up what I find out.

Ah ok I thought it hadn't been register in recent history. No prob then!