multi carb L16 with 4speed trans

Removed this from the wrecked shell I had. The water pump and the timing cover received the most damage as can be seen in the oics.

I have done nothing to the motor other than remove it from the shell at this point so I have no idea as far as internal issues with the motor. All I know is that prior to the wreck all was good.

Figured that at minimum it's worth it for a working multi-carb setup and some other good parts. I was told that they were from a Hayabusa, but as proven in the thread below, they're not most likely.

The driveshaft is included with the motorset, it is a 4 speed one obviously. I do not want to separate, just want it all gone, thanks.

Listing it at $200 for it all, to start. Located in Burlington, WA 98233.

2011-02-26171755.jpg

2011-02-26171724.jpg

2011-02-26171708.jpg

2011-02-26171658.jpg

2011-02-26171645.jpg

2011-02-26171615.jpg

2011-02-26171534.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Main listing changed to match the new found info.

I'll try to get ITB dropped from the thread title. Do not want mis-information.

Leave it cool.gif they are ITB's. Just curious what they're from.

Some pictures that google pulled up do kind of look like them. Hard to tell though

Would that style of engine fit in a 1980 210? I dunno if I'm seeing this right but it looks like the block is cracked right around the water pump.

Yup, you would need an L series 5 speed and a driveshaft to fit, but it will work. The block doesn't appear to be cracked, just the timing cover.

That engine is from my old car. It had paperwork from Rebello racing. Here is the build thread from the guy I sold the car to who in turn sold it to another guy. Man, I miss that car.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/7862-r1-carbs-lots-of-pics/page__p__101563__hl__%2Byamaha+%2Bcarbs__fromsearch__1#entry101563

It will bolt in the Datsun 210 (B310) if you get the crossmember, shorty 5-speed, and driveshaft out of a 1978-1979 Datsun 510.

Whoever buys this I have all those parts still driving around in my car if someone wants to buy them for a swap. Sorry to thread Jack. Also have a rack of 4 44mm lectron racing carbs. Just thought I would comment here becase multiple interest is shown so when this sells anyone is welcome to pm me regarding parts to make this work in their car or a similar set up.

Ps it's easy to fabricate a manifold for the runners. Just cut stock intake off an weld on pipe lengths from home depot and attatch with hose clamps.

Glws seems like a good deal to me!

I am inherited in the carbs if your willing to part out pm me and let me know thanks

There are currently 3 people in line to purchase them. I'll tell you the same as them, if the people in line in front of you fall through I will contact you. :D

PM's answered as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.