Weber and Z-5speed

DatDoug

I recently aquired a weber and a Z 5 speed for my lil 620 p.u. I will be pulling the motor and 4 speed tranny this week. I will clean the motor and paint replace a few gaskets and seals, new t.o. bearing (clutch looks good) and put it all together and b4 I thro her in give the engine bay a good douche and mayb paint. I was thinking of painting it black or gray or just leaving it hte stock color. What are your thoughts and any pics of painted engine bays would b appreciated.:D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a small 6" cold chisel that will fit the hole. The pilot bushing is only bronze and 'soft'. Hammer the chisel down one side till it bottoms out, and then in two more places, (if even needed) and the pieces fall out...easy. (any fool can do it :D) Any small scratches on the inside of the hole will just hold the new one better. Takes as long as reading this post!

I know. I wasnt trying to be a dick. It just comes natural:D Thx for the advice Mike. I have about 3 or 4 of those pilot bearings lying around (new) cause I could never get the old ones out when I did my clutch sets. Now I will take care of bidness the rite way and replace it.

...or, pack that bitch full of soap, get a dowel the same size as the inner diameter of the bushing and pound that shit. The soap will push in behind the bushing and press it out.

...or, use grease and a round punch the same diameter and use the same principle....

Press it out a bit, pack more in, press it out some more and so on and so forth.

This is the Hydraulic Method mentioned by Kiz a ways up there... ;)

2eDeYe;40535']...or' date=' pack that bitch full of soap, get a dowel the same size as the inner diameter of the bushing and pound that shit. The soap will push in behind the bushing and press it out.

...or, use grease and a round punch the same diameter and use the same principle....

Press it out a bit, pack more in, press it out some more and so on and so forth.

This is the Hydraulic Method mentioned by Kiz a ways up there... ;)[/quote']

This is the method that i have always used. Pack the hole with grease and the i find a large bolt that just slides into the pilot bearing, then i use a little electrical tape on the bolt until it fits almost snug. Now use your BFH on the bolt, The grease will push the bushing out. Easy.

Jason

Well, I didnt get the 5-speed in. My friend that came out to help me says"this sure is a lot of work for 1 more gear!" I agreed. If it neede a new clutch or throwout bearing I would, but there is nothing wrong with it. So, I just pulled all the smog crap (take a deep breath datzenmike) and put on an older ex. mani and intake mani. that was ported out from Datsunfish (thanks Ben) and the ol reliable 32/36 Weber carb. All I need to do now is modify the exhaust pipe to fit threw the torsion bars and get my exhaust done. I also put in a matchbox dist. Oh yeah Hainz the P.V.C. is hooked up!:fu:

THE SMOG BEAST!

Manifolds001.jpg[/img]

Ahhhh thats better

Manifolds007.jpg[/img]

Cracky....Shes a wild one!

Manifolds005.jpg[/img]

The MOTORCYCLE MUFFLER that was on my truck

Manifolds002.jpg[/img]

The F-Bomb collection

Manifolds004.jpg[/img]

Once people see how awesome it is they wont care what color it is.:fu:Also no one will ever see it because you will sell it some time next week for what you have into it and buy a different one because you werent too fond of the particular shade of the headliner.:lol: