Dime in the rough

We used the doors and truck lid for carbon fiber plugs, but they got damaged. So back into the red I go. Now the painting part of getting this BIG RED finished, is done.

Ended up not using the first truck lid. Once damaged I decided I wanted to paint the original one that came on the car, Then decided to paint the inside of it at the same time.

Minimal dust, hanging a trunk lid this way but i get more worried about runs. No worries everything came out great.

lasvagas11_302.jpg

lasvagas11_305.jpg

lasvagas11_303.jpg

Next week we will be finishing this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doors are installed, because they were gutted it was a treasure hunt finding all the parts. Pretty sure there are parts from 1-4 doors in each painted and hung door. Figured a day, nope 1.5 days per door. We are one step closer. Sanded seam sealed and painted the trunk and 2nd coated all the floors.

lasvagas11_372.jpg

lasvagas11_373.jpg

lasvagas11_375.jpg

lasvagas11_377.jpg

lasvagas11_417.jpg

lasvagas11_418.jpg

lasvagas11_419.jpg

Learning how to do upholstery, rear package tray.

lasvagas11_420.jpg

Back from mums day, Big Red is leaving soon. Bolting all the body panels on. This is the task that takes less time and makes a bigger imprecision. Trunk lid is bolted up and lines up near perfect. Rear seat is in, along with most of the door panels. Interior is coming together nicely.

Front clip will be bolted up tomorrow on 510 day, along with front seats and seat belts. Also Victory and my anniversary :)

lasvagas11_501.jpg

lasvagas11_509.jpg

lasvagas11_512.jpg

lasvagas11_516.jpg

Damn James, lookin sick!!! I can't freakin wait. I was just getting ready to go to bed and now I'm so jacked up I can't fall asleep!

So hi all my new Ratsun friends! My name is Jeff and I'm the lucky SOB that bought Big Red. My first car when I was 16 was a '72 dime. Now 12 years later I'm finally getting another one. I've been wanting one for a while now but was waiting for the right one. I think it's safe to say I found it.

Well I just wanted to say hi and a huge thanks to James for keeping us all updated on the build.

Damn James, lookin sick!!! I can't freakin wait. I was just getting ready to go to bed and now I'm so jacked up I can't fall asleep!

So hi all my new Ratsun friends! My name is Jeff and I'm the lucky SOB that bought Big Red. My first car when I was 16 was a '72 dime. Now 12 years later I'm finally getting another one. I've been wanting one for a while now but was waiting for the right one. I think it's safe to say I found it.

Well I just wanted to say hi and a huge thanks to James for keeping us all updated on the build.

Cool, someone local. I'm in Palo Alto, hope to see you driving it around, I go up that way a lot!

Looks amazing..sucks your not taking on any more projects...

Oh for sure, I go to Palo Alto all the time for work and she's going to be my daily driver. I'm getting real excited now, I'm making the trek to Datsunville on Saturday to pick her up! :hyper:

Did a minor tune up changed the dizzy set the timing, checked the wiring and other things. Thanks Atom and Phil. Mean while I was installing the rest of the story. Big Red will be done today and road ready. Seats in, handles and etc. Most of the cars we paint we don't put together it was nice seeing this one finished. Now time for the new owner to make his personal touches to it.

lasvagas11_522.jpg

lasvagas11_524.jpg

lasvagas11_523.jpg

Yes BIG RED is done, sweet now i can move on. The quickest, cleanest, build i have done in ever. With the help of my lovely wife and kids (Atom and Phil). Thanks everyone for the help! I took her for a drive, funny now that it's done I just want to drive it alot, but I will hold back. I might just start painting all our dimes we sell red. Clean nice color. Most of my clothes are pink from spraying this thing. Very interested to see what Jeff does to the car. Here you all go. Jeff come and get before these damn chickens climb all over it.

lasvagas11_536.jpg

lasvagas11_538.jpg

lasvagas11_539.jpg

lasvagas11_540.jpg

lasvagas11_541.jpg

lasvagas11_542.jpg

rd300 your next.

This is officially Jeff's build now. :D