taxes

how do you guys file your taxes? online? snail mail? im trying to figure out the best way to do it but i dont want to try using a website without any info from others who have used it

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you guys file your taxes? online? snail mail? im trying to figure out the best way to do it but i dont want to try using a website without any info from others who have used it

Turbo Tax free fed,$27 state. got my return in 2weeks but i do my taxes as soon i get my w2 in the mail. just get it direct deposit into your bank account.

I have used turbo tax for the last three years. No problems, quick returns, and directly deposited into my bank account.

I did turbo tax (fed free but state was $27-29) first but then i owed state and only got $40 back, i put in the same info in h&r block (fed free & state $27-29 i forgot) and my refund was 470 and i didnt owe state, dont know what happened there. They are both pretty easy to do too and they show you how much you will get back while you enter your information, i got my refund in a week direct deposit. Good luck with what you decide to do.

I do the home version of H&R Block. No sweat, very accurate. Updates before you begin are a PITA though. Also, they provide backup if you are summoned by the IRS once you succesfully file. The cost is a deductable if you are inclined or forced to go that way instead of taking the standard deduction. That said I am paranoid enough not to e-file [who is eavesdropping on my personal information?] so I file on paper. I also have the refund [if any] mailed to me. Why give the IRS your checking account number? I don't trust them not to audit my account. "Big brother IS watching you" even though 1984 has passed.