510 dash

ok so i want my dash in my car to be as original as possible, and im replacing all the connectors/switches/plugs back in the dash and there are some holes on the dash that i have no idea what went in there, there is a slot for something like a switch that goes in the center console next to the ashtray on the right side and i have no idea what goes there, i know someone here knows, i cant find pics....

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The map light switch went to the right of the heater control panel.

To the right of the glove box would be the rear defroster switch. Not many 510s came with rear defrosters. I think the 72's in Canada and all 73's had them They are pretty rare.

The map light goes behind the little white plastic piece above the radio, thus you can not see "it", you can only see the light when it comes on and the switch looks just like the one fo the heater fan. Honestly, it is pretty useless and you can just fake the switch by using a spare fan switch to plug the hole, or use the 73 Fasten Seatbelt light instead.

• 3 weeks later...

The map light switch went to the right of the heater control panel.

To the right of the glove box would be the rear defroster switch. Not many 510s came with rear defrosters. I think the 72's in Canada and all 73's had them They are pretty rare.

Like this? Titled in Canada as a '73, but produced 05/72.

4-25-2009_002.jpg

If you guys are trying to keep things OEM looking behind the dash check out this company.

http://www.vintageconnections.com/

the owner is a really nice guy, I brought my entire harness out of my 510 to him and made a master kit for a 2 door 510 he has or can get almost any connector for our cars

• 4 weeks later...