EBAY FIND: awesome 620

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting..... I didn't think that "pea green" was used up into 1976. But if You look at the VIN plate photo, it sure looks like original paint there. I had a 1974 that was the "baby #*%? yellow" color and I cann't remember how long Nissan used those two colors. Both of those colors I thought were gone by 1976 or 1977. I think that 1974 was the first year for blue. I know We have touched on the color subject once before, but this truck brings that subject back to mind. Nice truck, though!!

Its a clean Datsun in California. I'm sure he wants some rediculous price.

No punk kid will spend the money he wants for that truck.

I would think 4-5K here for that truck. It's nice. I would love to bid, But I know it will go for more than I can afford.:mad:

I really do hope a "punk kid" gets this truck and chops the "preserved shit out of it"

I mean really? Our Datsun passions are cool,and I'm all for a restored original, but 620's arent really "rare" they are just seen less in some states.

... If we dont encourage young guys to customize older rigs, they will all go to rust, even the power washed ones on Ebay? Please?:mellow:

And maybe the guy that does want to hack into a truck and make his own custom adjustments doesnt want a shitty canvas? ...maybe he wants a cleaner headstart.

I doubt you'll hear a dude on Barrett Jackson saying "SOLD" anytime in the future, and if you do... It was probably bought by a guy that used to be on the forum whining "keep it original"

This is RATSUN .net

not keep it faggy.net

I'm sorry in advance for any discomfort I may have caused any reader.

but geez you guys are killen me?

I really do hope a "punk kid" gets this truck and chops the "preserved shit out of it"

I mean really? Our Datsun passions are cool,and I'm all for a restored original, but 620's arent really "rare" they are just seen less in some states.

... If we dont encourage young guys to customize older rigs, they will all go to rust, even the power washed ones on Ebay? Please?:mellow:

And maybe the guy that does want to hack into a truck and make his own custom adjustments doesnt want a shitty canvas? ...maybe he wants a cleaner headstart.

I doubt you'll hear a dude on Barrett Jackson saying "SOLD" anytime in the future, and if you do... It was probably bought by a guy that used to be on the forum whining "keep it original"

This is RATSUN .net

not keep it faggy.net

I'm sorry in advance for any discomfort I may have caused any reader.

but geez you guys are killen me?

Waaaa... oh yeah.. and waaaa! Yes, as you say there are lots of them around, but not in this condition. Hack up a crappy canvas and leave the nice ones alone... oh yeah.. and waaaa!

Didn't mean to get snotty there, but don't tell me that any of us.. whether we hack, chop or preserve don't want stock, clean examples out there. I appreciate both sides.. really... I've seen some cool lowered stuff and I like it.. but when you run across something that looks like it's never been tampered with I just feel it should be preserved for future generations.

Don't be to sure about the Barrett Jackson thing either. Pintos, Vegas and Gremlins are already showing up on the auction scene in stock form. Guys my age that have money now and grew up with these cars or had them in high school are now paying big bucks for them.

Again, my apologies for my previous rebuttal... I appreciate one's passion about this whole truck scene.. we're actually on the same side.. yes, hard to believe.. but true! :cool:

:D well, by my comment I didn't say a kid should not hack it up. I just think the typical kid hacker won't pay the five grand for it that I think the owner will want.

There is a nice orange kingcab here in Washington that's been for sale for a long time. Owner wants $3500-4K (price keeps changing) I'd love to buy it and customize it a bit but its not worth that much to me.

and there was a nice white one for less than $2000... but I have so many cars... I was thinking aboot it ;)

Guest DatsuNoob

That's a pretty sharp 620. Only thing I'd do to it is drop blocks and t-bars, polish the hubbies and some fat whitewalls to showcase the mudflaps scraping across the asphalt. I only hope some cholo doesn't get ahold of it and molest that nice interior with velvet seats, a furry dash, and dingleballs. Hopefully it goes to someone who appreciates it for its historical value.