Door panel clips.

Laecaon

So one of the reasons I dont have my door panels on is because I dont have many clips and or cups. What have you guys used instead of the oem clips? I dont want to screw my panel into the door. I dont want to see screws on the face of the panel. Basically looking for thoughts and ideas. If you are wondering half of my clips broke in half when removing the panels. Just so no one suggests velcro, I am going to be putting speakers in the front doors so those will need to be able to take some weight. Hmm maybe velcro isn't such a bad idea, door handle will hold the panel on, and the probably screw the speaker into the door so that the speaker and door are one unit, not the speaker and panel.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So one of the reasons I dont have my door panels on is because I dont have many clips and or cups. What have you guys used instead of the oem clips? I dont want to screw my panel into the door. I dont want to see screws on the face of the panel. Basically looking for thoughts and ideas. If you are wondering half of my clips broke in half when removing the panels. Just so no one suggests velcro, I am going to be putting speakers in the front doors so those will need to be able to take some weight. Hmm maybe velcro isn't such a bad idea, door handle will hold the panel on, and the probably screw the speaker into the door so that the speaker and door are one unit, not the speaker and panel.

I am always looking to other cars for trim clips as well...

Having owned my fair share of Toyota Corollas, I suggest getting ones from any 4 door AE92 Corolla. The door panels are much "heavier" than any Datsun, and given that these little buggers are anywhere in any junkyard (age before beauty...), the 4 door models are quite abundant. Just grab at the edges of the panels and pull, the clips are slide across like a Datsun. Good luck with the hunt!

They might, I make it a point to not go to napa, dont like their prices, and their hours. I think this thread has lots of good ideas in it now, thanks guys Ill figure something out.

Meh, prices aren't to bad at napa. I think a package of those door clips is 10-15 bucks, not to bad for a bag of them. might be able to order some thru nissaparts.cc?

Meh, prices aren't to bad at napa. I think a package of those door clips is 10-15 bucks, not to bad for a bag of them. might be able to order some thru nissaparts.cc?

Enough to do 1 door? or 4 doors? Im very cheap when it comes to stamped mass produced pieces of metal that cost about $.02 each.

I'm not sure about the clips you need, but i have a box of the little round plastic clips that came off the door panels on my 620. You can have them. Might be the same? I used some plastic pieces that are like a hollow wall anchor or a "molly" screw. The are black and look finished so that even though they are surfaced mounted they look good. Plus, I can unscrew the door to service the window regulators or locks real fast. It seemed like every time it tried to get the door panels off, I ended up ripping the slots out on the fiber board backing or breaking the clips.

My advice would be to go to and automotive refinish store. The one I go to is Industrial Finishes on Arctic Way in Beaverton or the other store on McLaughlin in Millwaukie. They have this wood case with all kinds of trim screws, hidden fasteners, clips and hardware for use in restoration and repair. You can actually see the parts rather than try to guess on something online. They usually have the stuff in stock or in my case they had two boxes of the Toyota fasteners I used but needed two more, They got me another box of ten in two days and called me to tell me they were in.