Here we go " Carb Question"

superc_1

I'm the one with carb icing about a week ago. Never could get it fixed, so I took it in. The guy says its pouring gas out of the primary. WHAT would make it do this? The gas in the carb is in the middle of the glass. Does anybody have any suggestion? HELP. I know get a weber!! I got a weber but I need the adapter plate, Anybody have one laying around. I would like to get this running till I find a adapter.

D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I didnt need a plate for THAT carb.:confused: so you need a plate shit sorry man i will see if i can find you one and iam really sorry that it was not a bolt on I wounder why it bolts upto my datsun and not yours.Once again I am sorry i will see if i have one laying around.Thats not Kool with me when i sell you something.

Have you recently rebuilt the carb?? I had the same problem with my Hitachi carb and I had some crap inside of the carb causing the ball barrings to dislodge and the bowl would drain into the intake after sitting over night.

I rebuilt it twice to make it run then the third time I took it apart to rebuild it it would not run.....very frustrating!! I bought a reman Hitachi by Holley and changed the plugs, runs like a champ now.

Check your local import parts store for that adapter. You may get lucky with a kind hearted datto brother. Good Luck!! I am considering getting the Weber myself but I just spent 300.00 on the Holley. :(

You might contact Lance Kilgore, he is around here somewhere...look him up. He had a weber cheap and he may have that plate too. Just an idea.

Keep me posted,

Aaron ;)

Freaky 510 Hey thats the chance you take when you buy something like that, but if you do have one lying around I sure could use it. It fit yours probally cause its a dime with a differewnt manifold. I have had the the carb (hatatchi) off this last weekend putting loctite on the bolts so it would stop rattling apart. I wonder if have gotten the ball out of place? Were is that ball thing located? Can I see it without taking the carb off (thats a pain). Something got to be plug, any placeto look at first?

what size fuel line is used on the return fuel hose? the rubber part. I thinking I might be drawing air or have a stopped up return line which could be causing the primary to overflow? I had to cut a small section off when I work on the carb a couple weeks ago.

what size fuel line is used on the return fuel hose? the rubber part. I thinking I might be drawing air or have a stopped up return line which could be causing the primary to overflow? I had to cut a small section off when I work on the carb a couple weeks ago.

I doubt it's the return line. It has a restriction in the end of the metal tube to keep the pump pressure up while allowing any vapor bubbles to be pushed out and back to the tank. If you clamped it closed it would still work. The old L16s didn't have them.

Also can't see how gas would pour out the primary, or the secondary. Gas would have to flow up hill to do this.

Took carb apart Saturday. The (I Think) power valve had almost come unscrewed. The tube coming out of the carb top that has a spring on it, well down in the bottom of that thing was almost unscrewed the whole way so I tighten it up and sprayed all the orifices and things out. Put it back together and she runnin fine. Its like I have to retighten every nut and bolt on the carb about every two months!! Is this normal for these carbs? Thanks for everybodys help.

The carb says dgav on the side, but it must have been converted to the electric choke. Freaky 510 I think I'm needing the two piece adapter, they say the the one piece is bad to crack? I'm going to keep my eye for a adapter since I've got old carb going. I'm going to have to buy the air cleaner adapter also I like the look of stock cleaner. Will all of that fit under the hood once its bolted on?

Whats The Best Way To Adjust The B.c.c.d. Valve. I Smell A Lot Of Cardon Dioxide When I Turn The Truck Off Or Setting At A Red Light. I've Taken The Bccd Valve A Couple Of Times When Removing Carb. It Makes It Easy To Get At The Carb Bolt When You Take That Off. I'm Wondering If I Have Gotten It Out Of Wack.

Here I am again:confused:I just pulled the #2 plug and it has soot and gas on it and its black. Whats this indictative of normally. I guess it just fuilding bad? I'm pulling it back off and see if I can find the problem, and wait on my carb adapter to get here for my weber.

I would be your mixture screw that would need to be adjusted.

It's best to adjust with the engine running. Turn it in until the rpms go down. Then back it off 1/4 turn.

It also happens if the engine isn't firing in that cylinder but the plug would be wet and smell of gas.