Im back.......phatdave

phatdave

your carb needs to be turned 180 degrees. :lol:

as for the fuel inlet, it gives you the option to have it entry either from the right or left side, make sure the one not used is plugged off.

I would go with the left since thats how I see most of the fuel lines run on a weber.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you two are saying. In the photo I just sat it down. It in't bolted onto the mani. Sorry. It was pissin rain when I shot that image.

So given that, Mike turned 180 the biggest issue will be the tube for the dist. vacuum.

More pics to follow.

your carb needs to be turned 180 degrees. :lol:

as for the fuel inlet, it gives you the option to have it entry either from the right or left side, make sure the one not used is plugged off.

I would go with the left since thats how I see most of the fuel lines run on a weber.

Right on all issues. Thanks.

Sorry. :(

The air mix screw is so close to the valve cover that you'll have a really hard time adjusting it. I'm not sure about the vac adv tube. I know it's been done before, so I'm sure you'll get it on....the DFV is easier. I'm pretty sure Datsunaholic has put the DG on the J......or maybe he's done the DF on the L. ???? I don't remember :(

Take pics! :)

The vacuum tube could prove to be a problem. Can't I plug it and get my distributor vacuum from the manifold ?

The '69 won't have the vapor return for the tank, so you can cap the top port on the carb. Tank didn't happen until after '70 or '71.

Sorry, you can't simply pull the vac for the dizzy off the manifold.....it will work opposite of what it needs. You'll have full vac with the throttle closed. You want zero vac with the throttle closed.

Other than the holes on the mani not matching up with the proper barrels of the carb, you can probably leave it the way you have it in the pic at the top of this page. you'll use rubber hose to get the fuel to it and a cable setup for the throttle......so it's still "do-able".

• 2 weeks later...