FS Datsun 510 1972 4dr FLAWLESSLY Restored

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yup made it into a cleaning looking equipped car that is usuable compared to what it was bought like. Looking at your car in your avatar, nothing impressive... thanks for fucking up a post.

Chill out man. This car is not "flawless". Most 510's are not. However you did take time to restore it to a somewhat newer level. You can ask the price you want, but we don't have to pay it and can tell you what we think it is worth so you can get a better sale. You don't have to lower your prices but most people on the site are pretty honest and are just trying to help out. Here is the build thread. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25167-new-to-datsun-not-new-to-modifying/page__st__40 . [which you did put on here and most of us watched and saw what you did to the car] so the buyer can decide how flawless it is. And the word flawless is implying the car is lacking in any kind of error, ie. no dents, good un-cracked rubber all the way around, all the locks work perfectly, none of the gears grind, and no issues of anykind.

• Like 2

Looks like the guy wanted his money back. Paid 1800 for the car, spent 3800, but he should have known he'd never get his money back. It's a really nice dime, just not a flawless restore, more like a revamp.

Ratsuners are cheap bastards, don't take it personally. Try Craigslist or something else to get what you are asking

It constantly amazes me what people think their projects are worth. I used to work in a body shop and a wrecking yard. Not saying I'm a good bodyman, but I can sure as shit judge a quarter panel and give an estimate of hours for repair. That car looked better than my 510, no question, but SOOO much was lacking for the price. The inside wasn't painted, just the outside, colors didn't match. The little dents, door dings, bad bondo in rear tail panel, all sorts of little defects. Does the car probably run and drive great, and is it a solid car? Yeah, it probably is. But flawless it is not. When you saw flawless, we're talking Barrett-Jackson quality here people, come on!

Its funny when people use money as a excuse for not doing detail stuff. I spent 500 bucks on sand paper on my car but if you were doing a quickie then for 50 or 100 bucks in bondo and paper this dude could have made this thing pretty nice. Painting the jambs and interior isnt very much extra materials just a lot more work. Paints the only way you can profit on a car. You paint your own car and do a nice job then for around a grand you up the value by 3 or 4.

Looks like the guy wanted his money back. Paid 1800 for the car, spent 3800, but he should have known he'd never get his money back. It's a really nice dime, just not a flawless restore, more like a revamp.

you never get what you put into a project.

• Like 2