Kyusha Kai's '71 510 waGoon

KyushaKai

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the compliments guys.  It really helps to motivate me to keep pushing with the project!  The mirrors were found by a friend on Yahoo Auctions Japan.  They took forever to find and cost a ton more than I'm willing to tell anybody but it was definitely worth it.  I was trying to polish out the haziness and sun damage with a headlight restoring kit, but the plastic is so brittle that I don't want to use any pressure on them or use any kind of power tools. 

This car is so great. :thumbup:   I can't believe your clearing 8's in the back, im having the hardest time fitting 15x7 +0, any tips?

Lots of cutting and pulling with stretched tires.  JustJoel was a big help in the whole ordeal.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/56468-4-drs-and-wgns-who-went-wide/

• Like 1

Lance. Bleeding is only half the battle. There is a valve u need to bleed. Plus with drum brakes they need adjusted properly so you don't have to pump them to make tgem expand out further to work.

Have him look for two ;)

Seriously though....

Will do!

Lance. Bleeding is only half the battle. There is a valve u need to bleed. Plus with drum brakes they need adjusted properly so you don't have to pump them to make tgem expand out further to work.

We swapped in a new brake master and the everything works perfectly now.  I'll look into the load sensing valve stuff though.  I hope the infos in the Hayne's manual; we don't have an FSM yet.

Izzo, what valve are you referring to? Wondering if I missed a valve when I bled my brakes after my rear conversion.

Whats up Don, he's talking about the 620 truck I brought in.  

• Like 1

Lance, even if not. yours may or may not have it. It's in front of the rear passenger tire, inside of the frame rail. Just bleed it like you would any other brake man.  I bled mine, but unless it's ran all the way out i doubt you need to do it. Some people remove it all together.  There is a little ball in there, and when you have a load in your truck, the ball moves and changes the brake ratio (i think thats how it works anyways, or the basic rundown of what it does).

This is a truck thing, so if you drive a car fret not :rofl:  Glad you got the brakes working buddy. You got a nice pair of orange rides there!  Can't wait to see where the truck goes.

Once I found out the truck was going to hawaii, i messaged matt and told him how good of a person and owner you are. He was thrilled it was going somewhere safe and you'd take good care of it.

• 2 weeks later...