620's UNITE !!!!!!!!!

dat77sun

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my '76. She ain't pretty by any means but it's an awesome DD and it'll haul whatever I can throw at it without complaint.

My Nikon is taking horrible pics at the moment so all I got are from a cell phone. Dent on the hood is from a deer.

downsize_3.jpg

downsize_11.jpg

downsize_5.jpg

downsize_4.jpg

downsize17.jpg

• Like 1

ddrum I'm thinking of going to yellow high beams. I like the color of yours, did you do that to them (paint or whatever) or buy those?

Thanks, well they were painted by the previous owner. I say get the yellow high beams! by the way your truck looks clean biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. Did you have to lift the truck to get the wheels in?

Here is my 1973 PL620, a.k.a. Butterscotch

IMG_0042.jpg

Currently awaiting freshly rebuilt L20b. Assembled the bottom end last night, gonna grind the valve seats today and start putting the head together. Motor will consist stock block, U67 head, single 45dcoe, 4-2-1 cast ext. manifold, and '82 stanza dist.

IMG_0091-a.jpg

Chassis has Fineline front disc, 300zx master, removed bottom leaf from the rear to soften her up, and some poly-graphite bushings.

IMG_0094.jpg

Wheel and tires are 15x7.5(unknown off-sets) with 215/75-15 all-terrains.

_IGP2955.jpg

Interior is pretty ghetto, but I like it that way, if it appears as if there is nothing of value, then the chance of someone breaking into her is less, deception is the key. The bench seat is torn, and the dash is cracked to all hell, and the steering wheel is a lovely wooden Nardi! The stereo consists of an amp mounted up behind the seat into which I directly plug my i-pod, speakers are in the kick panel, and under the seat.

IMG_0063-1.jpg

Gauges are some random bits ive collected, nothing matches, but they work. I like having the engine vacuum gauge, think of it as a fuel economy/how well your motor is running gauge.

IMGP0997.jpg

The body is all beat-up, with original paint and lots of stickers, I will never paint her. I like being able to use and drive my truck without the fear of scratching up my nice new paint job. It is a truck after all. Plus the original paint is friggin' hardcore!

I mounted two ammo boxes in the bed one per side, they work great for tool, tie-down/rope, spare parts, and that all ways useful extra gallon of gas storage.

IMG_0013.jpg

Butterscotch is my daily driver, my art, work truck, therapist, exploration device, and one of my loves. I purchased her when I was 19, she had 73,000 on the odometer, and had been resting in a barn for the previous 15 years. Before this truck I had blown threw six vehicles in four years. Thats a testament to the sturdiness and ease of repair of the 620, well that and I have chilled out a little in my twenties.

IMG_0012a.jpg

I cant wait to drop in that rebuilt mill and take her for a spin!

_IGP2211.jpg

The front torsion bars have been cranked up a bit, the rear is unchanged. Under full lock and compression of the front suspension the tires will rub a bit. I am not sure of the offset of the rims, which would contribute to space available for rubbber.

When I first had her........

IMG_0027-1.jpg

then I wrecked her, and she looked more like this after i'd had my way with a sawzall..................

IMG_0017.jpg

eventually down to the frame....................

IMG_0010.jpg

and the donor truck.........................

IMG_0066-1.jpg

the body swap starts to come together....................

_MG_0013-a.jpg

finished up, I take the old body to the scrapper................

IMG_4476.jpg

drive her around for awhile................

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

then some dude who was "blinded by the sun" pulled out in front of her and got his ass t-boned.........

IMG_4783.jpg

after that I had no place for a second resurrection. The drivetrain, minus the transfer case and front axle, went into butterscotch. The 4x4 stuff went into storage, and the rest went to the scrappers.

Nice 4X4. Couldn't do it one more time?

Do You Drive Like That??

Tire Size?? Any Rubbing?

I Was Considering Titans But I Guess I Screwed Myself By Buying Tires :P

You mean the red one? Drove it every day till last week. It's in the garage for some work.

Picture004-3.jpg

At that time I was in between homes, so I had no place for the project. The frame was tweaked in the accident, so it was going to require a totally new frame conversion. Butterscotch was sitting idle, but I didn't want to convert her to 4x4, more of a daily driver. So she received the L20b, 5-speed, and LSD rear-end.

I still have all the other conversion bits. So you never know.