WTB: 620 inner shift boot

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you checked with a Nissin dealer?? I assume you did.

no. I know the parts manager and if it exists he can find it.

but I dont want to pay what there going to ask for it, same reason Im not buying a NOS one from ebay.

just looking for a used one thats not all torn up.

no. I know the parts manager and if it exists he can find it.

but I dont want to pay what there going to ask for it, same reason Im not buying a NOS one from ebay.

just looking for a used one thats not all torn up.

did the parts manager give you a part # and a price.

Ha hahahaha '77 and up FS5W71B 5 spd boot. 32862 E9300 under $4 (2002 price).... no wait, that's the one that covers the shift bushing area....

74963 15800 $30+

Good news is that the '73 and up 4 speed one is the same.

called the Nissan dealer, are you sitting down for the price ~ a whooooooping $5.65 each, part # 32862-E9300.

I wont know for a couple of days if their still available, you better order one today, tomorrow they ALL will be gone.

Pt #32862 E9300 is for V

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5488.jpg

thanks for clearing that up Mike, had to look in the book. Thank Clymer for pictures. :lol:

the parts guy gave me the wrong price on the wrong part, I told him the upper shifter boot ~ he fails BIG time.

Pt # 32855 H1010 about $4 but get two sets as this is a high wear item and WILL wear out again.

I made a set out of a door brass bushing kit .

DSC01198Large.jpg

They were a hair too big but one pass with a hack saw and close up the gap and perfect fit.

shifterbushing004Large.jpg

Skib, on the shifter gaskets, look around in the yards or check the one youve got and try and find one thats not totally screwed, Mainly you need one that is still all there and has a good ring around the shifter. Call around your concrete supply stores (the places that sell floats and forms and stuff...) paint stores might have it too, and see if they have a product called NP1 made by Sonneborn. It should cost around 5 bucks a tube for a regular sized caulk tube. If they dont have it ask if they have a similar quality polymer based adhesive/sealant. Youll know if you get the right stuff because it looks and smells and has the same heat properties as "Great Stuff" gasket maker but is just a tad thinner in consistency which is one reason Im not suggesting to use Great Stuff, the other is that I know the NP! has a 300% stretch rate when cured... It wont crack again.

Clean the old gasket with a good degreaser and a brush to get all the nasty greasy shit off, let it dry and clean it very good with denatured alcohol or acetone (cheap at ACE hardware) and make sure to get inside the cracks and broken areas very good as well. If you get denatured alcohol it will be a little health frendlier for getting the NP1 off your skin and it doesnt dry quite so fast giving you more time to "work" the stuff to get it nice and smooth when youre applying it.

Put a small bead inside the cracks and "glue" them together, then run another bead around all the inside ridges on the ridges that flex, you will probably see a shitload of cracks in these areas when youre cleaning it, ONLY DO ONE RIDGE AT A TIME... otherwise youll probably be wearing more of the shit than you are putting down. Use denatured alcohol to form and smooth it (like you would use water or spit for acrylic/latex caulk)

Let it dry for 24-48 hours (depending on temp and humidity) and youve got yourself a good shifter gasket. The NP1 also works awesome for windows and sealing leaks in the cab and firewall (also fixing the rubber plugs in the firewall) and Im going to give it a shot as gasket sealant on the next motor I put together... its got the same heat properties and is a fuck of a lot cheaper than great stuff and you dont have to buy their nifty little caulk gun. Also if you tape of the top with duct tape real well an open tube will still be usable for around 6 months to a year... youll find more uses for it.

Watch out if youve got a dog though, when its dried its like chewy crack for puppies...

Update:

Goon Gone!

Orange B210 is stripped and there is a pile of parts for sale!

101_0263.jpg

[/quote

Maybe it would fit

i noticed i messed up quote deal / thing but it was in parts under 76b210 -----corolla wagon parts

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.