Your chance to be on TV with your car! - The REAL DEAL!

Your chance to be on TV with your car! - The REAL DEAL!

Hi everyone, new guy Mike Phillips here with an opportunity for you to get your car on TV...

My company has a brand new TV show that I'm the host of called,

What's in the Garage?

WITG-logo-2.jpg

This show will be on the Fox Sports Networks starting in the 2nd quarter of this year, 2011

We start filming in two weeks. I'll be in Bristol, Tennessee filming a how-to segment with Sam Memmolo and Dave Bowman on their TV show, Motorhead Garage.

Working with Sam and Dave on the set of MotorHead Garage

1MotorHead025.jpg

After that I'm leaving for Nashville, Tennessee and Shelbyville, to shoot 3-4 segments for my show.

RIGHT NOW!

I'm looking for more cool cars and car stories to shoot for the show. Here's the criteria...

• Must be a cool car, something interesting and special interest.
  • Must have a cool and interesting "Car Guy Story" to go with the car.

Look, I love the 1965 Mustang, but a lot of guys have these in their garage and while they're cool and all, if there's not a "Cool Story" to go with the car it's just another 1965 Mustang, or 1957 Chevrolet, or fill-in-the-blank.

So I need both things, a cool car and a cool car story to go with it.

If you think you have a car, truck, thingamajiggy, or whatever, it runs and drives and you have a cool car guy story to go with it, then contact me with a picture of the vehicle and a paragraph or two on the "story".

A little bit about me...

I've been posting to the Internet since 1994 under my real name, Mike Phillips, back on Usenet Newgroups. When vBulletin was released I move on to discussion forums like the H.A.M.B. forum, which is run by vBulletin.

I brought up and ran www.MeguiarsOnline.com starting in 2002 and ran their forum and taught all their detailing classes, including how to wetsand, cut and buff fresh paint until 2009 when I left to join the team at Autogeek.net

One of the reasons I left was because Max the owner offered me the opportunity to make how-to videos and possibly have a TV show on detailing cars. It's worked out pretty good but instead of a TV show on detailing cars we have a TV show on sharing and showcasing cool cars with the rest of the world.

Here's the point...

In all my years of posting to discussion forums this is the first time I've seen a TV show come to the forums and give the members of discussion forums a chance to be on TV with their car. NO GIMMICKS, just an honest opportunity.

There are no specific criteria for what kind of car we'll show, we're open to ANYTHING as long as its,

• Cool and Unique
  • Has a great story behind it

Because I don't want to look like I'm trying to promote the company I work for, instead of including my work e-mail, I'm going to include my personal e-mail, which is also a site I've owned since 2000 but at this time, don't really use. It was my dream to use the name for a TV show on car detailing, mostly on polishing paint as that's my area of expertise, but to date it hasn't happened, so it sits dormant.

Here's my e-mail

Mike@ShowCarGarage.com

If you watch Two Guys Garage with Bryan Fuller and Kevin Byrd, I've been a guest on their show for 12 segments on car detailing, fun gig and two super nice guys. I have 3 segments coming up on My Classic Car with Dennis Gage in a few months, I got to remove the swirls out of a 1964 GTO Convertible using the Flex 3401 and the Porter Cable 7424XP and for another segment I was able to work on a 1955 Chevy Truck using a Flex 3401

This picture was taken inside Dennis Gage's Studio

1955 Chevrolet Truck

projectx002.jpg

This is parked next to the studio after we filmed the segment,

1964 GTO Convertible

projectx001.jpg

I hope to get some cars offered... what do you guys think? Any takers?

:)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, cars in his profile don't seem to match the avatar. And wtf with the BMW symbol? Facking Germans! :) Aside from that, if I had anything all that cool I'd send him an email. Somehow I don't think the Z24 block with KA head in a hardbody qualifies as a tv-worthy story. But did I tell you my 510 was originally going to be the car used by Bo and Luke for the Dukes of Hazzard? ;) They ended up using the Charger instead since Rosco had a small chance of keeping up with them in the twisties. If they used a 510 for the corners, there wouldn't have been a show!

I will write him about my '59. 200+ posts, member since 08, seems legit. Can't blame the guy for blanketing every place he can. A show like this you need to cover all the bases. And he at least knows Datsuns! :D

• Like 1

He must be hitting all the car sites. The same email is on the HAMB,too.

I've been posting to the Internet since 1994, back then it was Usenet Newsgroups, the vBulletin when it was introduced.

This is the first time I can recall when the members of a discussion forum were reached out to and given the chance to be on TV with their car. We're open to anything cool and interesting and since I've owned a number of Datsuns and this forum has been very helpful in helping me with my projects I wanted to share the opportunity with my forum friends.

The HAMB Moderators removed all my posts and my membership. To me this is a shame on their part as they just decided their forum members don't get the opportunity to be on TV with their car and as far as I know, HAMB isn't providing them this opportunity. Whatever...

Florida! Florida is to dangerous,come film in Washington,nothing happens here but rust!

I've been told we have cars to shoot in the Tacoma area and in SoCal, so we're basically open to all of the lower 48 states, I put a blurb about this on my website at www.showcargarage.com

No gimmicks... just a chance to be on TV and if you have a cool Datsun or something else in the garage, then submit it.

Here's a couple of my past threads on this forum...

Pre-Cup Holder Datsuns - An upgrade you can do with simple tools at home

http://community.ratsun.net/index.php?showtopic=11026

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/7753-1974-datsun-truck-classic-onboard-navigation-system-install/

Can't find the original thread but here's where some of my photos ended up...

Alternator swap NO EXCUSES Sticky

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/8924-alternater-swap-no-excuses-sticky/

:)