FREE DAN!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That will work. Over the years some of the wires may have changed colors.

Very basically:c

B is to power (and to both positive coil terminals.

C&E go to either coil negative terminals.

Datsun relevance fulfilled.

thanks for all the help now all i need money to put it all in

Guest DatsuNoob

Typo. I was thinking 62mm for the larger one, meant to post 56mm not 52. you are absolutely correct. sorry for that. lolz, I'll bet Mike can dig up PN#'s even before I can find em in my thread :lol: As for the shifter rods, I used an 85 720 Z-24, with a late model Z trans, so those I can say line up for sure after the bearing upgrade.

56mm.............. 32219 E9000

62mm.............. 32219 V5201

The '85 CA18ET and the '85-'86 SD25 trannys I have, both had the larger shift rods. The newer larger bearing was added in '85 and very possible the shift rod wasn't in all 5 spds. BTW the SD25 cover plate was cast iron... all others I have seen (probably a dozen or so) were aluminum.

thanks for the info. i have a 5 sp in me truck now and can get my hands on a napz tranny for the bell but i was going to do what icehouse did with a 280zx tranny. from what i have read it all doesnt seem to hard i was thinking maybe busting it out in three days if i had everything lined up ready to go but i guess i will have to rethink this a little more. i was hoping to get everything and have it in before canby. who knows noob i might be living up there by then and could ask you for advice and maybe a hand and help you with your truck if you still need it. just have to get all of my legal shit taken care of first